About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome August 2018 Ex Smokers   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Jul-30 by ModDee; 31379 views. (Closed)(Closed to new replies)
Molly010

Aug-4

Hello fellow newbies!  

I quit on August 1 for the billionth time.  After reading Allen Carr's book, I am really determined to stay smoke free.  This is the best I have felt starting any attempt, but we all know how easily we can talk ourselves into smoking again.  My worst trigger is alcohol, so I need to refrain for a while and when I am ready, have just one glass of wine as a tester and maybe post on this forum while I drink it!  LOL  

Have a great weekend.  Hope we can stay connected and on the wagon.  

Molly

Derb1976

Aug-4

Hello! Not quite sure how to navigate around here, but I will certainly try. I'm quit as of today. Smoked for 26 years and I just don't want it to have any power over me anymore. I know it will be difficult but I think being a part of a group/forum will provide some accountability on my part as I begin a new journey, smoke free. 

Becka (Becka1955)

Aug-4

Hi Molly. Glad to be on this journey with you. 

Becka (Becka1955)

Aug-4

Hi Derb. It’s going to be great having you in the August quitters with me as we begin this journey. 

Molly010

Aug-4

Hi Derb,

Looking forward to navigating through this journey with you.  :)

Molly010

Aug-4

Thanks for the post, Becka!  Looking forward to going through it with some friends.  :)

Becka (Becka1955)

Aug-4

Have you been on this forum before, Molly?  You seem familiar to me. 

Molly010

Aug-4

Hi Becka I have not.  My first time joining a quit smoking forum.  Should have done this before though.  It may have been helpful with last quit attempts.  30 years on and off.  Social/closet/everyday smoker at different times over the years.  

I saw you had a three week relapse.  Glad you are back on it.  :). How long did you quit before the relaps?

Becka (Becka1955)

Aug-4

Glad you found this place. It’s so, so supportive and there’s so many good quit stories and links to helpful articles on quitting. 

I quit on 2/18 and fell one week before my 5 month anniversary. A little over 3 weeks ago. It was such a stupid move. I wasn’t craving. I was feeling blah and started thinking I was funnier and had more fun and all that crap for about a week before I smoked. I knew it was coming and I just let it. Big mistake. It gave me nothing except made my nicotine receptors super happy. And made me sad and disgusted. So I’m back. It sucks to go through all the withdrawal again, but I’m going to do it. And I’m glad you’re doing it with me. 

BlueDahlia29

Aug-4

Hi Bev and Becka/all. Going to join you all. Just starting a new quit today, only in a couple hours so far. Wishing us all success.

Blue