About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

April 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Jan-28 by Terry (abquitsmking); 18657 views.
cmw0822

May-31

Hey DaleAnn.

Now you are at 37 days (if I counted right) ! Keep the prayers going up and holding your NOPE!! So happy for your success!!! It will be 45 before you know it. Applause, applause!!! Cheryl

• Edited May 31, 2019 10:56 am  by  cmw0822
cmw0822

May-31

Hi Vicki..it was good for you to turn loose of what's happened with you. Positive creates more positive..let it continue to build in your life..you earned  all the goodness coming your way. I am in the same boat with my husband as you were..would like very much to separate but I cant survive on my job income alone. We are not high rollers by any means..I live on my income and he spends every dime of his disability check online and runs up credit cards he cant pay. Our house is small and overrun with far too many of his purchased items never to be used.  Thank God for his Grace with keeping me healthy to be able to work and not go bonkers. Please let us know how the sale goes and what good things are happening for you!! Lots of hugs,...Cheryl 

• Edited May 31, 2019 11:05 am  by  cmw0822
DaleAnn

May-31

Yes! My anniversary date is April 24th and you have my count correct! Thank you sister... so lovely that I can log on and get such a sweet and thoughtful post! Have an amazing and smoke-free weekend my dear!

Feyisfree

Jun-1

Hi Cheryl,

It was wonderful to log on and get a reply from you. I always wonder how you are doing even when I can't be here regularly. I just got done with the mad dash to get my house ready for the first showing. The people came earlier today and the realtor called to say they loved the house and want to put in an offer. I have two more showings today, Saturday and so far one Sunday. I am kind of up in the middle of the night. I have had trouble sleeping with the the need to get so much done. My mind won't shut off and let me sleep.

I am going to be a bit financially strapped when I am officially on my own. At least quitting smoking will help with that! I believe it will be worth it because I was truly unhappy with him and we were doing nothing but bringing each other down. There is nothing worse than being in a relationship and thinking you can rely on someone, but they are never there for you. In that case, it is easier to be alone so you aren't constantly let down and disappointed. I haven't had this sense of excitement for life in a very long time.

I hope that one day you will also find this freedom. I can totally relate to the spending and hoarding. Maybe set up a yard sale and sell all of his stuff to pay the credit cards or return some of it? I don't know if that is possible. Hang in there. I was not expecting to find love or this big change happening in my life when it did, but it is the exact right time somehow. I hope you will find the same some day.

hugs,

Vicki

cmw0822

Jun-1

Good day DaleAnn. You are most welcome.  I just am so thrilled you have gotten past the hardest time of quitting and are now looking at the better part of this journey. The demon wont just give up but he does weaken and you get stronger. You also know which weapons help you fight and win this battle. Being addicted to nicotine or anything is pure proof to me that the evil one DOES indeed walk this world..you and I do not intend to give him what he wants..we will give God what He wants! Keep giving God the glory for strengthening your quit and He will stand with you, sister. May you enjoy your NOPE weekend as well!  Cheryl

• Edited June 1, 2019 9:37 am  by  cmw0822
cmw0822

Jun-1

Hello Miss Vicki. Thank you..your kind thoughts are always uplifting to me. I recall the hectic times of selling houses..it is like panic and exhilaration mixed together.  I saw your message was at 243 AM. Had many a night of that hamster wheel in my brain running full tilt like you. I am praying for your home to sell quickly and for the pieces of your life to continue to come together like a beautiful mosaic. Thank you for your advice and concern..you are right on the relying issue..I do have a husband but am all alone..any decisions that need made are always up to me and God is there to give me comfort and reassurance because my husband is not. It is clear to me now that his possessions mean far more to him than I ever will..even after almost 30 years of marriage. I have asked the Lord to get me through each day and so far, he has. Thank you for your caring..it means an awful  lot when I know you have been thru hell and are facing an uncertain future as well. May God grant you the strength to keep bearing what comes your way and give you joy and  happiness in your life.  It is true God does not give us more than we can bear because you and I are still standing.  With much gratefulness and many prayers, Cheryl

DaleAnn

Jun-1

Cheryl your response could not have come at a better time. I'm struggling today... I'm dealing with some depression and fighting off urges to smoke. I've been doing everything I know to stay the course. I read my devotions every morning, lead a Bible study Thursday night and work at a church! 

I've always had issues with depression, like many people who have addictions fight off the blues with their favorite substance. I'm actually more worried now, than earlier because I'm using ALL my tools and weapons and I'm still having cravings!

cmw0822

Jun-1

The Lord says Do not worry about Tomorrow..today has enough worry of it's own. If the usual tricks are not working, then get out of there now! Change your scenery..drive to a park or somewhere scenic close by.. get out and walk... it will make your brain change its focus.  Look at what God gave us to enjoy and breathe deep! Tell that demon to kiss off and he is NOT welcome in your life! Ask God to strengthen your armor of his grace. I know being outside and focusing on its beauty clears my thoughts up. I hope it helps you !!  Big hugs..Cheryl

• Edited June 1, 2019 10:20 am  by  cmw0822
DaleAnn

Jun-1

Cheryl I left you a private message with my phone number. Please call me when you have time.

cmw0822

Jun-1

Hi Dale Ann ..I am away travelling this afternoon and tomorrow with people with no chance to reply at length until  later this evening.  I am so sorry but let's keep contact here on the forum.    Keep praying! NOPE!