About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Freedom '16   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 2/3/16 by ModAndrea; 793604 views.
ModSue (VentasSue)

2/3/16

Hey Michelle

So good to see you here - we're so lucky to all be on this journey together.  I've even started a big spring-clean of the house now - wow, I hate cleaning so one room (or sometimes half a room) at a time will do.  As I'm still being incredibly kind to myself, whenever I get fed up with cleaning, I can just come back to posting to you all.  Today life feels really good.

Speak soon

Sue

ModSue (VentasSue)

2/3/16

Hi Anne-Marie

Glad you found our new site.  Know what you mean about the pool-room putting other rooms to shame.  I've been a real slovenly creature since I quit (part of being kind to myself) so there's dust everywhere in the house and weeds everywhere in the garden.  It really isn't important though because this is my 24th day of not smoking and that's what's important.  Having said that, I have made a start on cleaning today as I felt more in the mood.  Might actually need a JCB to get rid of the muck but I'll get there.

You were asking about the time differences and NOPING.  I'm the wrong person to ask though - I get so confused.  All I know is that when I NOPE from Spain around 8/9 a.m., I generally have a word or two with Angelina, who's in Australia but I don't know which part, and Anita (Neats) who's in London.  I'm truly useless at working out time zones but I guess you'll just have to go by the date and not worry what time of day it is.  It's great really as we'll all make our pledges at different times and I love peeking into the Pledge bits to see who's arrived there.  I'm often the first so probably look very keen but actually its just where I live and the fact that I'm retired so can get online early in the day (and stay on nearly day sometimes when I need to!)

Anyway, take care and speak soon

Sue 

Michy D

2/3/16

Hi Sue,

I am happy to be here to.  And it's good you are being kind to yourself.  All the best.

-Michelle

ModAndrea

2/3/16

Hi, Sue!

Identifying yourself as a non smoker is a milestone in itself. blush You are absolutely right in continuing to take this a day at a time and to continue learning. Staying close to the forum and posting really helps.

Enjoy your dip in the pool!

Hugs,

Andrea

In reply toRe: msg 10
ModAndrea

2/3/16

Hello, Freedom '16!

I just came across a fantastic milestone post I want to share with all of you.

Have a wonderful smoke free day!

Hugs,

Andrea

Michy D

2/3/16

Andrea,. What a wonderful story.  I am making through the day, my mood matches the rainy weather.  I am happy that I don't feel the urge to smoke, but would like to be a little less sad.  I know it comes with the process.  I just felt like visiting our new Quit Buddies group.  All the best-Michelle

ModAndrea

2/3/16

It's great to have you here, Michelle! It's raining here, too. I'm in upstate New York. The snow in my neighbors' backyard is now a small pond.

This will get better, Michelle. Stay close to the forum.

You are doing this! blush

Hugs,

Andrea

P.S. This picture brightens my day even with the rain.

Michy D

2/3/16

It' beautiful.  I'm on Long Island, so most of the snow is gone except where the plows made 10 foot mountains.  They are about 5 feet now.  I am hanging in and have stayed strong with my NOPE pledge today.  Thanks Andrea :)

In reply toRe: msg 2
VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

2/3/16

Hello everyone,  here we are in our new home.    I am nearly 2 weeks into this quit and intend to make it to 2 years and beyond.  Even early on you notice small things - like I am a bit more active at the gym for one.  Stopping smoking is really a whole life change.

See you all by the pool.

Moving forward with you

Vivienne

In reply toRe: msg 15
Stephanie626

2/3/16

I'm still with you all, halfway through day 9 and climbing. I think I'm still in the early caffeine WD stage, my mid/low back has been driving me crazy the past 2 days. I'm still not sleeping well and then waking up too early, I'll be happy when this phase passes.

All in all, it really hasn't been as bad as I had it built up to be in my mind, so it may be advantageous to have a vivid imagination with catastrophic thinking!

I hope everyone else is doing well, I'll catch up with you by the pool this evening.

Stephanie