About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

My new journey with the big C   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 11/11/16 by Rich (lexx0); 197002 views.
Triff (breathefree)

11/29/19

Hi Rich Just catching up now I have a new laptop and am getting the hang of it.

Hoping you and family are doing OK and you are keeping warm and riding well still

I am still around and using 02 more often now but have bought a new house.A little wee house that well insulated and double glazed which should be great for my health and perhaps I will be able to use the tiny bit of energy easier in a small place.

Thinking of you and yours as we arrive closer to the end of another year

Triff

Rich (lexx0)

11/30/19

Sounds great Triff!  Things are about the same here, its now winter and not really enjoyable bike weather ;p  I have the gear but I catch every cold / flu that comes along, so nope for me until April.

Thanksgiving is almost over. I  have to repeat it for daughter coming tomorrow though. Her boyfriends always seem to win out, sigh.

Glad you got your new house.  I hope it comes with new good neighbors for when you need help.  Keep that O2 close.  Pity you need it after ceasing to smoke ;(  Always in my mind though.  Take care.

Rich

Brenda (1sept19)

11/30/19

Rich,

Hope you are doing well.  Wishing you and yours a lovely holiday season.  Saw the cute giraffe and wanted to say hi.  blush

Rich (lexx0)

12/1/19

Same to you Brenda.  Glad to see your still around.  I haven't been here much at all ;p  Happy holidays!

Rich

Rich (lexx0)

12/11/19

My new baby :D  My Christmas present.  I just couldn't resist myself.  I told my local Harley dealer I wanted a road bike worthy of tripping to major events around the country, mainly Bikers for Trump rallies in DC and a trip to NC/SC for political rallies and bike rallies.

This bike represents TWO years of cigarette savings of two packs a day @ $6 a pack!  This is how fast my bank acct grows when I'm not buying those damn cancer sticks!  Now only if I get another clean CT scan Thurs ;p

Rich

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a smoke-free Happy New Year.  You can do this, we can do this. The reward (wind in my face) and whatever freedom it allows you is priceless.  Love you all ;D

l1717mary

12/11/19

Hi Rick

What a fabulous bike you deserve it now get your self on the road and enjoy the wind blowing in your face.

Have a lovely day

Mary

Brenda (1sept19)

12/11/19

She is beautiful and you deserve it.  Hope the CT scan goes well and you have many wonderful days with the wind in your face !  Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year.

VIVSMOKEFREE

12/12/19

Hello Rich............wishing you many wind blown days on the bike.    I have a hubby and son who are mad bike fiends.  Neither have a bike at present, but have done some long journeys in years past.    Believe it or not, I spent plenty of time on the back of someone's bike when I was a teenager..........ancient history times.

I don't post much, but I do keep up with you and Linda and I pray that things will go easy for you both.

Hugs

Viv

Rich (lexx0)

12/14/19

Good to see you Viv.  Keep up the good fight.  For the life of me I don't know why I bought another bike ;p  I just kept dumping my smoking savings into an acct and noticed I had enough for a touring bike. If only the wife could ride with me as in years past.

Take care, Rich

Rich (lexx0)

12/23/19

Clean CT Scan again, yah me, yay us ;D  I'm good for another 6 months.  Almost 3 years surviving already.  I can't believe how quick this time has gone.

Merry Christmas everyone,

Rich