About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

My new journey with the big C   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 11/11/16 by Rich (lexx0); 202543 views.
Rich (lexx0)

11/16/16

Dee, is this how you picture my mother looking at me?  I'm having the dangest time putting pics on this new forum, I copied the image from facebook and pasted it here, nothing from photobucked worked.  I think I walked off our 3mile hill that day and was at my aunts dirty house and she had to pick me up after work ;p

ModDee

11/16/16

Rich (lexx0) said:

Dee, is this how you picture my mother looking at me?

Absolutely on target LOL.

(((Hugs)))

p.s. It's real easy  if you are using a laptop or pc you can insert photos directly from your computer by placing your cursor in the post  where you want the photo to go

1. Click on the "Insert a image or photo" icon (Checkout screen shot below)

2. Click on "From my computer"

3. Find your photo

4. Click "Open"

If you uploaded a large image, it will be resized automatically.* You may see the image go from large to small as it uploads and is processed. This image of me took up almost the entire screen and the system resized it and I made it even smaller by clicking on the photo resize corner arrow.

Dee at 26

Rich (lexx0)

11/16/16

Thanks sweetie, my, my, my, you are stunning in that picture.  Ok let me try this then, peeps wanted to see my puppy and chico:

Wow, that was too easy, I have not spent enough time here.  Dee I love you, hope my mothers' glare made your day. Hehe, you had me pegged from day one. There is an ornery streak that runs through me that must come out in text, your are who you are  :D

ModDee

11/16/16

Hey Rich,

That photo of you and your mom is priceless.  After much sighing that was the kind of look I had on my face after one of your "let's test Dee" episodes.  You were not alone...........your buddy Wayne got plenty of those looks too.

The thing is Rich you never took it too far, was never disrespectful to me as a Moderator or to the Forum family.

Much love.

Dee

Rich (lexx0)

11/16/16

Oh I know, I know the difference between respect and my mother slapping me up the side of the head. Its just the way our males are.  Those eyebrows on the giraffe are how I wink at women, I'll tug at the wives' strings until I get a rise, but oh my God, never wanted to upset anyone ever, I do push limits, but love people more than my ego.  Really the only time I really got 'modded' was when I was first quit I posted an avatar of a gun to the head, quit or suicide, I thought it was a joke but someone didn't like it.  Another time I called a friend darling and that caused an uproar, sorry Austrian lady, we southern gents use all kinds of endearing terms.  I guess the rest of what you saw I never did, well, cause I'm Rich and your Dee ;D  Thanks for your kind words.

Rich

ps, you'd probably never believe I've been admin/moderator on 4 different forums since 2004.  I've dealt with alot of really angry people, but this forum is different, even I was unprepared for anger that lies under the surface, I dealt with the nasty in your face outbursts.  I know I am much improved thought :D  Not hiding any cigs 'just in case' you know, they have all been blown up or creatively destroyed, now if I could get wife to quit ;p

Douglas8845

11/16/16

Looking good Dee!!

Douglas8845

11/16/16

Now they tell us that the cilia at the top of the lungs get destroyed.  I can believe it but was under the impression that what happened was that they were covered in tar and whatnot.  Once covered they could not move back and forth, cleaning up the pathways.  But when we quit, slowly but surely they start recovering and moving again, cleaning up the mess.  

To be honest, after I quit I never coughed up much junk so maybe it's still all there... on the other hand, I still jog and play volleyball so who knows what's going on.

Rich (lexx0)

11/16/16

Your probably in good shape, but I could breathe and run up steps two years ago, not last year though ;p  I have a feeling this isn't a cut and dry cause, I'll ask more questions of the oncologist tomorrow.  My patient record portal said it could be caused by gastro gurd, I've had gurd issues since right after quitting.  Back then I smoked, not eat much.  Its a who knows at this point. The patient results are posted for me to read but they are too scientific for me to understand.  My hair dresser gave me a nice hair cut tonight so it won't feel so wierd to lose hair.  She read this journal and told me I should be a writer ;D  I cross posted this to facebook so I'm glad people can read here without an account, makes this a good forum parking spot.  More when I know it friend.

Rich

ModDee

11/16/16

Didn't we all at that age LOL. 

Thanks!

(((Hugs)))

Rich (lexx0)

11/16/16

OH for what its worth, my dad had open heart surgery in 80' was a heavy camels smoker, he said they massaged his lungs to loosen the tar, etc within them, when his chest was open and made him cough out all the tar he'd accumulated over the years, he was 38 then!  When he woke up he had to cough all that crap out with a cracked breastbone, omg, it still gives me the willies and I just kept smoking ;(