About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1290783 views.
Cocoa60

Jun-8

Morning Kitty.  Forecast was right for our morning, 46 degrees.  Supposed to be 52 and sunny at 8, so that's when Brandy and I will head out.

I stayed up late so we would get up later. 

Gave my John Deere mower to my daughter like I said and got her lawn mowed.  Had to go over most of it twice, where I didn't mow when working

on the old one.  Gave my other daughter some money.  She keeps on renting so I don't know of anything she needs.

I put a little stand out here by the snack bar for my parents old 1957 phone, was kind of hidden on the snack bar with other stuff.

A little 3 legged wooden stand I got at a garage sale or someone put out by the road, don't remember.

Have a great day Kitty, hope the storm moves out unless you want the break from the sun.  We don't want the rain here.  sunglasses

Ernie

Susan1206

Jun-10

Hi Ernie,

Off to Menards to pick up our stainless subway tile backsplash.  They have the system down pat with a drive through the back into a huge area ~ walk in with your bar code ~ load your car.

We've struggled with painting an old IKEA cupboard.  There was a lacquer red finish and Jim used a deglosser that did not work.  We painted it a terra cotta color.  Long story short, all of the paint bubbled and would not adhere.  Then, a scraper to take all off.  Consult with Sherwin & Williams.   Sanding it with a 1994 sander that is a huge job.  Then, we must paint with a primer, then our colored top coat.  I store many many dishes in there or trust me...it would be OUT THE DOOR.  Have spent countless hours on this thing....

Storms predicted this afternoon.  We need the rain.  

Susan

Susan1206

Jun-10

Hi Kitty ~

Yes, that storm has created some havoc.  Winds and rain to come this afternoon but I'm not sure if it is from that particular storm.  We need the rain.

You will have a very busy July getting things ready.  This will be a big move for you both.

My plants are doing well and that makes me happy :-)

Susan

Kittyarnold

Jun-10

all the shells are packed and all the books and everything on the screen porch....have cleaned out some kitchen drawers and gotten rid of stuff that it makes no sense to pack and move....bread bag clips??  I don't think so...may start outside tomorrow....all the frogs and wind chimes etc....so far everything is going smoothly and we hope it continues that way....

Cocoa60

Jun-12

Morning Susan.  Glad your remodeling is going well.  I've been doing smaller simpler projects the last couple days.  Get them out of the way and they're morale boosters.  smile

Kitty finally leaving Paradise, I would've liked to buy it but to much money for us.  Kitty said prices went way up after they purchased there.

Got a visit from our granddaughter this week but didn't get a pizza night with the other grands and daughter.  Did give my older daughter the John Deere mower we had spare, gave my younger daughter the equivalent in cash.  Lucky we don't have 5 or 7 kids.  smile

My wife has to get Father's day gift for her father today and birthday gift for her mom, and cards.  Lot of time and effort.  They are in their 80s, lucky my parents are long gone.

Have a great day Susan and Kitty, very nice weather day here.

Ernie

• Edited June 12, 2020 6:00 am  by  Cocoa60
Kittyarnold

Jun-12

a picture of a tulip on a beach?  nice way to start the day....thanks

Susan1206

Jun-15

Dear Ernie ~

Thanks for the uplifting pictures of the shell and beach.  Made me smile as I look out over our very gray sky this a.m.  Supposed to be a cool, but nice day ~ I see no sunshine yet.

Many projects to complete ~ the cupboard has been sanded down thanks to late husband's orbital sander.  It "got me" in my leg and left a nice gash that now is covered with Neosporin!  I've decided since it is a unique pine.....that perhaps I will just do a weathered gray stain on it....forget the primer....forget the terra cotta paint.  I'm tired of the project and the stain may be just what the Doctor ordered.

Brushed satin stainless steel peel & stick backsplash arrived.  Many boxes that now we will tackle in the kitchen.  Then....a break from it all

Starting to resume a patio dining here and there.  Traveled to Columbus Ohio to see his family.  Shocked and dismayed at the number of persons at stops along the way...without masks.  I want to personally "shake them up" but that's not a wise idea!   Travel via car/hotels may not be any kind of option for us.

Take care.  Enjoy the week.  Susan

Susan1206

Jun-15

Hi Kitty,

I'm happy you identified the "shell".  I was going through some pictures and saw are memorable ones with you and Brian a few years ago.

We traveled two hours to Columbus to see Jim's daughter and family.  I told Ernie that I was quite dismayed and troubled about the amount of people once we left Avon Lake who did NOT adhere to social distancing or masks.  Very concerning and quite scary, right now.  Our country, the politics ~ everything is quite unsettling.   And, I don't think it is just my "age" that is saying that.

Many chores to do.  Peace, as they once said way back in the day.  

Susan

Susan1206

Jun-15

Hi Cherie ~

The atmosphere has quieted down in the actual city of Cleveland.  Apparently, there was some twitter chatter a week or so ago, that the hellions were headed to our suburbs and they shut it all down very quickly.

I am really to the point where I do not want to watch any news ~ it's scary ~ it's sad and perhaps I need to bury my head in the sand for a bit!  

Looking outside at my beautiful knock out roses (one pink and one rose).  So, I shall concentrate on just my garden and calm and peaceful thoughts.  In between, the clothes washing must be done, order a picnic table for my dear Granddaughter, make patio reservations for tomorrow....lol and the list goes on.

Hope that you are well.  Five is a perfect age.  Bronwen is 2-1/2 and yes, I get why they call it the "terrible twos" but she is still darling and unique...

Susan

Cocoa60

Jun-17

Morning Susan.  For some reason I get Sanibel Island ads in my Facebook.  The shell image is from there.  They must put a lot into advertising.  Cut part of a tree down for my daughter yesterday, we were lucky it came down where we wanted it to.  Was larger than any tree I ever cut down, huge crash.  Now lots of clean up to do.  Got through that without a scratch but got pine needles in my eye helping my daughter get some stuff down off some tall shrubs.  She was getting rid of some stuff and pushed it out the upstairs window on top the shrubs.  I should have carried the ladder down there.

I read my previous post and realized a sentence sounded wrong.  Meant my wife is lucky to still have her parents, not that I'm lucky I don't need to buy gifts.

Sorry you got hurt sanding, hope the cupboard is worth it.

You're probably getting this hot and dry spell same as us, enjoy the weather.

Ernie