About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1418439 views.
Susan1206

Nov-24

Hi Ernie ~

Two more floor panels and then transition strips at each end.  So, so ready to be done.  Knee is ready for a break!

Today, begins the baking of the pumpkin bread and baked cinnamon apples for Bronwen.  Tomorrow, will be stuffing and scalloped corn.  Hopefully, lots of leftovers.

Enjoy the day with family ~  I think each family bubble has to make their own decision.  Many whom I know, are not even gathering.  Jim and I plan to wear our masks and do social distancing when we eat.

Massive testing in England (just watching on TV)  Why not here in the US?

Susan

Cocoa60

Nov-25

Morning Kitty.  We had sunshine part of Tuesday.  Part of Brandy's walk.  We are

in the 50s Thursday and Friday, not much sun though. 

Have to get the backhoe ready to go in for warranty work.  One of the cylinders

for the bucket leaks internally. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Nov-25

Morning Susan.  We have one daughter and her family coming for dinner and taking

a plate to our other daughter.  Looks like we will need another apple pie so I will have to battle

through the crowded Wegmans again. 

We never did get one room floor done, still have to get it done sometime.  Transfer strips between

the kitchen and dining room are wearing down.  Will have to replace it. 

I think we are only supposed to be tested if we have symptoms.  If a test was easy I could go help

my brother.  Might be what I have to do eventually.  Don't want to sit in the lines and then go to

get the results. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Nov-25

Good morning Ernie....we had some sun yesterday before it got cloudy...today clouds and rain....only agenda is PT...that gets a little boring...enough already....if I have to stay inside...I am so grateful that I don't smoke anymore...this place would stink and I wouldn't even know it....gratitude for the day....

Susan1206

Nov-25

Dear Kitty ~

Good morning.  Frustrated in Avon Lake.  Today is my 11 year and 1 day celebration over ciggies....  Can't even BEGIN to figure out how to post it.  So, I will announce to you and Ernie and our lurking friends that my journey began the day before Thanksgiving...that many years ago.....  Many reasons to quit...a husband with vascular disease (could I be an example for him), a really sore tongue, grandchildren coming and sneaking a ciggie is getting very old...  So, I just put them down and found our wonderful Forum.  First, the Nopevember friends and later when it quit existing, the Sensational Senior group.  Thank you for picking me up and the Forum for saving my life!

All is well.  Pumpkin bread to make.  ((hugs))  Happy Turkey Day.  Love, Susan

Susan1206

Nov-25

Dear Ernie ~

Good morning.  Frustrated in Avon Lake.  Today is my 11 year and 1 day celebration over ciggies....  Can't even BEGIN to figure out how to post it.  So, I will announce to you and Ernie and our lurking friends that my journey began the day before Thanksgiving...that many years ago.....  Many reasons to quit...a husband with vascular disease (could I be an example for him), a really sore tongue, grandchildren coming and sneaking a ciggie is getting very old...  So, I just put them down and found our wonderful Forum.  First, the Nopevember friends and later when it quit existing, the Sensational Senior group.  Thank you for picking me up and the Forum for saving my life!

All is well.  Pumpkin bread to make.  ((hugs))  Happy Turkey Day.  Love, Susan

Kittyarnold

Nov-25

11 yrs and a day  ....celebrate that is a good long time....I wish I could taste your pumpkin bread tomorrow...and I will see if I can post your anniversary.....

Kittyarnold

Nov-25

Something has changed I couldn't figure out to start a new post for you.....so lets shout it to the rooftops....SUSAN MAYER PUT DOWN THE CIGGIES 11 years and one day ago....COME AND CELEBRATE....HOORAY FOR YOU SUSAN..

Susan1206

Nov-25

Dear Kitty ~

Thank YOU and I mean YOU....because if it were not for you and Bonnie and MaryAnn and others, I may have gone by the wayside for sure.  I will be eternally grateful to you and the others and the Forum for saving my life (literally).  We are not naive to know that smoking did harm to our lungs and most likely, took years from our life.  BUT....there is HOPE and a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!   Thank you, thank you, thank you.  A reward someday from the Ocean Spirit for giving many of us the encouragement to go forth.

P.S  I'll wish you several pieces of pumpkin bread.  Cooking was easy....now, not so much!

Susan1206

Nov-25

Thanks, Kitty ~

I don't even know how to reach one of the Mods.  Wow....eleven years and counting.  I pinch myself just thinking about it.

((hugs))  Susan