About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1667311 views.
Cocoa60

Jul-31

Good morning Kitty.  Cool morning and dry.  Going to the farm today.

My wife and granddaughter are going to a reunion nearby so I'm being

dropped off.  I have to get the hot water working better and try to fix

a remote bathroom so my sister doesn't have to go through someones

bedroom.  She is staying there to take care of them for a while. 

The large Alas Chalmers tractor is broken but I might be able to use the

small John Deere to finish mowing the field, less than an acre left.  At least

there's less chance of a grass fire coming up to the house and varmints won't

be living as close.  The small part that isn't mowed is far from the house. 

I will need to fix the large tractor sometime, it's old and we're going to need parts.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-1

Good morning.....some sunshine...at least for now....supposed to cloud up later or by lunchtime....only agenda so far...lunch at our daughters which is always pleasant...great grands live right next door so we get to see them too....Brian however has already changed the sheets and is doing a load of wash....so grateful for all his help my  back wouldn't take it...hope your Sunday is wonderful....

Kittyarnold

Aug-1

we have some sunshine for awhile....only agenda is lunch with our daughter....chilly here again today...waiting for summer still....wondering if we should go back to Florida....LOL.....hope everyone has a wonderful day

Cocoa60

Aug-2

Good morning Kitty.  We aren't supposed to get any more rain until next Saturday. 

I haven't been able to get the backhoe out this year.  Would sink in the lawn until

there's a few inches of dry dirt.  Still have some clean up from last years work.

I vacuumed the pool and changed the filter DE yesterday, that's about all.  Little bit

of ham radio.

I got the remote bathroom working on the farm so my sister doesn't have to go through

one of the bedrooms to get to the bathroom, especially in the middle of the night.  You

don't want to be doing favors then, wake you up and you can't sleep while everyone else

is sleeping well.  I had to go through a crawl space beside the basement, first time in my

life in there.  Can't believe my dad built it for his sister back when he was in his 70s.  Two

of his sisters lived on the farm in the years before dying.

I didn't get the hot water working, the pilot light start switch doesn't work.  Hope that's all

that's wrong, don't know why the pilot went out.  I had replaced the hot water valve because

there was no pressure and then turned the heat up to hot and the pilot went out.  I might

have to install a new water heater but we will try this switch first.

Glad you and Brian are enjoying life.

Ernie

Susan1206

Aug-2

Happy August 2nd.   Today is my Grandson's 15 th  birthday.  His voice is deepening and he's getting taller.  Hopefully, his teen years will progress and he will become nicer and more communicative!  I talked to him (they are in Florida) and told him I loved him.   He actually said  I love you, too Oma.  That was a shock!  Hope he gives up those damn video games etc.

A lovely day here.  Finn is sunning himself.  Did I tell you I fell off a picnic table a week ago.  Tailbone bothering me..... Have an appt. with my Orthopedic Dr. tomorrow.  Think I need an x ray of my back.  And...I only had ONE glass of wine.  Think the slat of the picnic table was narrow.  I put my arm back to position myself and flew backwards.

Beautiful day here.  Cool side or I would go to the pool.

Hugs, Susan

Susan1206

Aug-2

Hi Ernie,

Beautiful day here.  Cool and breezy or I would go to the pool to do my therapy.  

We are planning a trip to the Finger Lake region of NY in a week.  Have you ever been?

Sort of to celebrate our third anniversary ~ staying at the Inn at Tauganook Falls.  Have you ever been?   Just a four day trip.....

Keep the Faith.  Know you miss Brandy and Cocoa.  Any thoughts of another puppy?

Susan

Cocoa60

Aug-3

Good morning Susan.  Cool morning at 47.  I'm not sure if I've been to that Falls.  We

usually go to Buttermilk Falls in south Ithaca.  Have been trying to get to another but

we always seem to be so rushed to get everyone's schedules to mesh.  Taking care of

Brandy and the handicapped at the farm has taken much of our time and travel this year.

I still miss Brandy badly, I often wake up thinking of her. 

I've been trying to get the 4 cylinder engine out of one bike to swap into the other but

2 of the exhaust bolts are seized up in the engine.  I have an oxygen / acetylene torch but

it's not enough.  Going to get a 1/2 inch drive 6 mm allen socket to fit my impact wrench.

Think that and the torch might be enough but I might break the bolt in the middle.

We are having a hard time with the hot water heater on the farm.  The piezoelectric switch

isn't working and it's discontinued because the heater was a cheaper one bought in 2006.

Mine is a high efficiency one bought in 99 and could still get parts last time I needed one.

Mine has an electric lighter every time it starts up, theirs has a pilot light, our furnace has the

same electric lighter.  The high efficiency ones are over $1000 now compared to the cheap ones

at over $500 and my brother is going for the cheap one.  I will still go for high efficiency when we

replace ours, cheaper to run and lasts longer.  I'm going to purchase it down in PA because I have

a veterans discount at Lowes so I will at least try to get them a better model in the cheaper ones.  Will be

10% off anyway. Boring stuff, will be done and history soon.  Not for my sister that's living there and

not able to take a warm shower.  My brother and his wife didn't care but my sister does.  When I was

staying there there was hardly any pressure in the hot water line.  I replaced the water valve on it's output

and cured that problem. 

You should stop drinking wine and dancing on picnic tables, we aren't teens anymore.smile

Have a great day all.

Ernie

Cocoa and Brandy long ago.

• Edited August 3, 2021 5:25 am  by  Cocoa60
Kittyarnold

Aug-4

Good morning all.....hope everyone is well..we are hanging in....still or again worried about the virus variant.we have little grands that there is no protection from the virus....except masks....well I will shut up and try to stop being a worry wart....that is hard at my age...

Cocoa60

Aug-5

Good morning Kitty.  Another chilly morn at 51, going down to the farm to

get some work done today before it gets hot again.  Daughter and grands

coming up for pizza Friday. 

Got my prescriptions 6 days early yesterday.  I usually always get some of

them 5 days early to build up a reserve, especially the blood test strips.

Had a post in our pool fence we set in concrete that the ice had pushed up

out of the ground.  I used chisels and a sledge hammer to bust up the concrete,

dug a new hole, and reseated the post.  Hit my hand couple times but it's

getting better already.  Looks much better than the big glob of concrete on

the post that was there.

Hope Susan's back is feeling better.

Sorry you have to worry about the virus again, we all thought it was disappearing.

I worry about spreading it to the sickly people on the farm. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-6

Good morning Ernie and Susan....completely socked in with fog so far...can't see the hillside out the window supposed to burn off soon or so I have been told...agenda today is wait for the painters who are coming this morning to pressure wash today to get ready for the primer....can't wait to see it...also a day for some grocery shopping....otherwise ....?  nothing exciting...which is good...hope your day is wonderful