About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1705419 views.
Kittyarnold

Aug-10

Love the aerial shot of the farm...looks like New England.....we are totally socked in with fog....maybe the sun will break thru....the painters are to come back today to clean our out building that we call the carriage house cause it is a four door garage type building....we don't need four spaces but the property looks better with it there...no agenda for today as of yet....stay well and have a good day....you too Susan....

Cocoa60

Aug-11

Good morning Kitty.  Warm morn here at 71, says it's 74 on the weather channel.

Wish I had a 4 bay garage, would use all of it.  When we are living half on the farm

we won't need that much here.  We might be quite old then though.

Mowed the trim of our lawn with push mower, and the rest with rider.  Then mowed

some of my daughters after took care of everyone's garbage.  My daughter lets her

lawn get way to deep. 

We had our grandson's birthday party last eve, was fun.  They want us to plan a trip up

to their great grandparents soon.  Hope I'm not to bad on the scales this morn, had pizza,

cake, and ice cream. 

Glad you all are able to afford all that painter work, should look great when finished.

I need to fix part of my brothers ham radio station down on the farm next time.  He was

having lot of trouble trying to get into a group last eve.  Have a power supply here I can

lend to him and wire it up to fit his radio.

Have a great day Kitty.

Ernie

Brandy on her last day.

Such a great, kind, and loving being.

• Edited August 11, 2021 4:50 am  by  Cocoa60
Kittyarnold

Aug-11

love the picture...our day is cloudy and not sure if it will break up or not....maybe I will be able to take a walk...it is 72 here and the humidity is 99 ....other then that nothing more.....hope your day is wonderful....

Debra (weithgito)

Aug-11

Hi Kitty!  I need a link to find this group-- I don't know how to find it- I deleted something in my email.  I just wanted to say hi. I have been having a terribly difficult year or two with fractured kneecap that I can walk with even though it is supposedly healed- I am in bed all the time.  Having some heart issues- it's just a mess and I am young (well, 70 in October! Yikes!) and I shouldn't be like this.  Gained 40 pounds or never took them off- no clothes, don't go out.

Thinking of October made me think of you all and you especially, Kitty and Susan, and I will celebrate my 6th year non- smoking at the end of October!  And all because (or partly because!) of you all. So thank you.  You know i hate posting, but I just thought I would - even though it is a bit depressing.   Hope you all are well.   Kitty , my heart goes out to you every time there is a post about Lee. xo 

Kittyarnold

Aug-11

all you have to do to find us is type in Sensational Seniors...we are here....so sorry to hear about you difficulties....something we don't need when we are past 65 and when we are smoke free....hope you feel better soon....hugs

Debra (weithgito)

Aug-11

Thank you, sweetie!   Please  PM me on FB sometime and let me know how you have been doing- it's too hard to read through all of this. I didn't mean to sound like a whiner, it's just been difficult. xo

Hi Susan,

Ray turned six yesterday. He too is already into video games. He starts school Tuesday but his mom is working from home and video games seems what he does.  Hope things are going well for you  

Carolyn

Cocoa60

Aug-12

Good morning Kitty.  We had mostly sunny day.  I had to come in from working outdoors

frequently.  Digging a another small drainage ditch, also had to relocate a large plant.  Need

to water it again when it gets light out.  Also got the rear wheel off my bike to get the tire

replaced.  Large bike, lot involved in removing the rear wheel. 

Supposed to be a meteor shower tonight, I should go outside before daylight and see if any

are visible. 

I will go down to the farm Saturday after the weather cools some.  Need to pack up a power supply

to help my brothers ham radio, he's having trouble with his. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-12

we are enjoying another sunny day...but is to be up in the low 90's here...too much for Ct...hope your day works for you....

Cocoa60

Aug-13

Good morning Kitty.  We got just a little rain.  I was able to use the backhoe to finish

the 25 foot drain ditch, got the landscape cover, drain pipe, and gravel.  Finished it

a little after dark.  The storms missed us two days in a row.  I got lucky being able to

finish.  Think it's been 9 days without rain and all my excavating projects are done.

My tire for my bike should be in, will call this morning and go get it mounted if it's

there.  It's about 45 minutes south.

Also got my 401k straightened out yesterday, we all got transferred to a new financial

company. 

Think a band pin came out of my watch while I was working and it slipped away.  Wasn't

wearing them anymore but put a battery in one of my dad's old ones and wore it a few

months.  He had more down at the farm.

Have a great day Kitty.

Ernie