About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1700752 views.
Diana (DianaSaigo)

Oct-3

Good Evening Ernie

I absolutely love coming onto this board...just read your daily letters!  I may not reply sometimes...just cause I just cant think of anything to talk about!  

We just had a very wicked thunderstorm pass through!  Love a good storm!  I was in the middle of cleaning kitchen...and had put the dogs out...when I heard the downpour start!  Fortunately...dogs were right next to door!  LOL  So gave them their evening treat...and they were happy.  The one wasnt too happy when the thunder and lightening started...so she has been hiding under my desk!  Am sure in a little bit, my one cat will start crying from the kitchen because it is past time to feed her...she has me trained so well!  

So far the crew we hired to fix the damage...and paint the house correctly have been doing a phenomenal job...they have been here and working their butts off!  Still waiting to see if the prosecutor is going to take my fraud case.  I hope so!  Cause just paying for this company...is going to make us go broke...for a little while...so on a budget!  LOL  

Now that it has rained...tomorrow will be a good day to finish the weeding of the garden...been quite lazy about it...cause it gets overwhelming...so had some very woody weeds that were huge...tried weed whacking em...but nope...got hubby to use the hedger thing..but on some that wasnt cutting on some...so had to use pruning shears...and an axe on one!  Lessoned learned that i cant let it go...and because we are on a double lot...it is alot!  

Anyhoot, sounds like you had a productive weekend!  

Heres to a fabulous Monday!

Diana

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Oct-3

Hi Kitty

I love talking with my grandkids...some of mine are little like your greats..and sometimes they are so smart and wise, and other times hilarious!  One of my granddaughter's lives with us (as well as my daughter). So do get lots of grandma time in...though when Hubby is around...i am chopped liver! compared to him!  LOL

Hope you have a fabulous week!

Diana

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Oct-3

Hey Susan,

Hope all is well in your world and you have organized your wardrobe by now!  I am a shorts and flip flop kinda girl...maybe cause I was raised near beaches...dont know...and thanks to the pandemic...ack...dont go to far...so no need to get dressed up!  

Life here is going good...Tuesday...will be my two month mark of being smober...and my 20th wedding anniversary.  We are going to go over to Ft Wayne...(i live in a village so we dont have any options here..)to have some sushi!  Looking forward to our celebration!  

Hugs

Diana

Cocoa60

Oct-4

Good morning Kitty.  Glad you had some sunshine, we started out rainy yesterday and today. 

I didn't do much yesterday, the farm discourages me.  My sister might leave and go to Florida

to stay with her son for the Winter.  So my brother will let the house pile up with garbage and

not clean up after all the cats again.  I guess I will try to get down there once a week and clean

up what I can.  I'm not going to try to live there, the downstairs stinks of cat urine and the upstairs

just smells from being closed up for 20 or more years.  My brother started using garbage cans after

my sister spent weeks cleaning the place all up so he can live like a cleaner animal, just chooses

not to.  Sorry, just pains me to see them destroying my parents house after theirs is completely

destroyed.

I should come up with a project for today, we have plenty to do without being out in the rain. 

Your home must look great with the new paint, glad you didn't get cheated like Diana.  Good

you got a good property for Brian to keep nice.  I got the lawn mowed at the farm but didn't

get our own lawn mowed before the rainy days started.  We have some trees changing color

here also.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Oct-4

Good morning Diana.  We haven't had a thunder storm for a long time, plenty of rain though.

We've had dogs that were afraid during thunder storms, feel bad for them.

Glad you got good and honest painters this time.  I don't mind paying a fair price, just want the

job done well. 

You must be getting the garden ready for Spring.  My daughter and I had a garden but most of it's

been let go now.  She went to little raised boxes, then they were let go also.  My granddaughter and I

used to pick peas, tomatoes, and such from the garden when she was little but she just turned 18.

Our security cameras stopped recording alarms yesterday so erased memory and rebooted the base unit,

Seems to be working again.  Just put this in because of someone damaging two of our cars and we've started

getting them repaired.  We have another rainy day here but I will try to think of something to do.  I don't

do that well at body work and would be a lot of our time and money even if we did do it.  The one car had some

defects in the body from time and the blizzard last December so it's costly getting it done.  I've hurt our savings

getting that done so we're outside our budget also.  Have 4 cameras up pointed at the driveway from different

angles.  They all have motion lights so hope intruder will see them and leave. 

Hope you all have a nice day and the painting gets finished well.

Ernie

Susan1206

Oct-4

Dear Diana,

Congratulations on your two month victory over nicotine!  It just gets better and better with each passing month!  Also, Happy Anniversary!!! 

I have fallen victim to COVID ~ I am on Day 10.  Also, my husband, daughter, SIL and dear Bronwen, my almost four year old granddaughter!

Again, A big CONGRATULATIONS, on kicking this horrible addiction!!   Love, Susan

• Edited October 4, 2021 10:13 am  by  Susan1206
Susan1206

Oct-4

Hi Ernie,

I have been Mia ~ sorry. COVID.  I am on Day 10….feel okay, not great!  You would NOT want this without a vaccine.  Jim is down and my granddaughter, almost four, and daughter and son-in-law.  We will survive but it’s not been pretty.

Stay safe!!!  Susan

Kittyarnold

Oct-4

so sad the family is not taking care of family home....has to hurt....our day is total fog....can hardly see the hill today....not raining but might be better if it did...am told we had downpours overnight but I slept thru it....and I just looked out the window again and it is pouring....we don't need anymore.....LOL hope your day is good....

Susan1206

Oct-4

Hi Miss Kitty ~
Fall is definitely in the air. My flannel pjs were put on this am. Rather rainy and gloomy.

Day 9 of COVID. Praying that anyone who lurks and/or reads, will get a vaccine. Despite TWO vaccines, I am considered a breakthrough.  Jim I’ll, Megan, Dan, Bronwen all positive and ill…

and on we go into October…

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Oct-4

Hey Ernie, 

I want to install security cameras on our property too...just love the technology!  but having to wait until I get the house painted...I live in a village here in rural Ohio...and there is a big drug problem...as well as  thefts...so far we have been lucky...maybe cause i live right next to a police officer...and her fire chief husband.  

Though the plan was to go weed the garden today...it is raining..so like you...trying to come up with plan B...I dont have any formal gardens yet...I have a space that would love to create a lovely garden...but not real talented in that department...so would have to have that designed...and hire someone to do all the heavy stuff..LOL  and right now not in the budget.  I was talking about the borders around my house...We have slowly been getting it fully weeded...and putting that black weed blankets around the bushes and plants..and then putting gravel...we have two sides done...and it looks much better...have put off the other side...because I really have some lovely bulbs that grow every spring...as well as some sage, and pretty flowers that show up in the various seasons...around the house...but we have had some invasive weeds...that take over.  I would love to have vegetable garden.  but am liking the idea of a container garden too!  LOL less work!  

Your brother sounds like a piece of work and i would be upset too if he was doing that to the family home...just not sure i agree with doing all the work for him...cause he doesnt have an excuse not to do the basics..

Hugs

Diana