About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1827348 views.
Susan1206

1/5/22

Good morning, dear Sensational Seniors ~
a day to celebrate my beloved Finn’s tenth birthday. We celebrated with a card and Red Barn stuffed large bone. Later, peanut butter Frosty Paws ice cream.

A cold and windy day here on Lake Erie.  Very little snow this winter. Climate change may be a definite reality.

Susan1206

1/5/22

Anyone remember these?  A definite childhood memory~  A gumdrop tree ordered from the Vermont Country store. Bronwen loved the gumdrops.

Susan1206

1/5/22

Joe’s ( late husband’s).  Lionel train. Circa 1940.  Yes, it still runs!  My Grandfather was an engineer on the Pennsylvania Railroad.  Love trains!  

Kittyarnold

1/5/22

So good to see you here....miss all of our friends....,.it is such a weird year to be and I personally feel stressed to the max.....stay in touch honey

Cocoa60

1/6/22

Good morning Susan.  Glad Finn has made it to 10, Happy Birthday to him.  Sounds

like he had a great celebration.  Doing well here.  My wife is having trouble trying to

get cataract surgery before medicare, $12k to $14k.  Maybe she can wait but they're

pretty bad.

I might have a birthday celebration today, week or so late in the wrong year now but

we have to wait until people can make it through their schedules. 

Looks like you had a great Christmas, us also.  Mostly seeing the kids having fun.

Don't be a stranger.  Enjoy the day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

1/6/22

Good morning Kitty.  Susan is right, not much snow yet this season but 48 inches, inside 24 hours,

last December that caused damage all over.  I haven't missed the snow removal.  We have plenty

to do without it. 

I need to go pick up prescriptions today and need to do an inventory down in the basement to see

what I need to install an electrical outlet in the bathroom.  We only have one and need another on

the opposite wall.  Right now we have a small extension cord running around the corner from one

bedroom.  This is a good time of year for such a project.  I have many like that, just have to get to

them.

I was late getting up this morning so will exercise soon and everything in the day will be shifted

later, glad I'm not leaving for work. 

Not riding my bike to PA farm anymore, taking the Baja.  Even with the Baja and it's all wheel

Subaru drive, I still get concerned about snow and ice.  Glad the Baja got a new lease on life,

so much has faded into the past.  Brandy, Cocoa, Cocoa's parents Princess and Buddy all rode

in the Baja.  Got the Baja 15 years ago when we all stopped smoking. 

Have a good day.

Ernie

Granddaughter and I about 15 years ago, she's 18 now.

Susan1206

1/6/22

Love the picture with your granddaughter. My eldest, Sara, just turned 19. She is a freshman at Kent State University.

The snowplow has arrived in a guest parking space. Do they know something that I don’t know??

I need to be more faithful to the Forum!  Susan

Susan1206

1/6/22

Hi Miss Kitty,

I am sorry to read on your postings that you have been ill!  I hope they have discovered the reason for your discomfort.  

i have taken to becoming a recluse. I bought some yarn and will begin knitting a hat during January. I must repair a crocheted Afghan my Mother made in the 1950’s first…..

Take care. Sending hugs.   Susan

Susan1206

1/6/22

I am stressed too.  Jim is out and about with AA Meetings and people all of the time.

Because of an auto immune situation and my slightly damaged lungs, I am very very fearful of all of this. I had COVID once and it is no picnic in the park!!  

Take care. Winter months are long and difficult.  Susan