About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1791434 views.
Susan1206

Jan-19

Hi Herb,

It seems like you may have solved the dilemma in posting!

Welcome to the Sensational Senior Group. We are small in number but we have tons of experience and advice.  Stay with us and keep on the narrow road to having healthier lungs.  Keep on keep in’ on… advice from a long time Forum member.  Susan 

Cocoa60

Jan-20

Good morning Kitty.  Good to see you here.  We traveled to see my wife's brother and family

yesterday on the last warmer day for a while in our region.  Hadn't seen them in years so was

a fun time. 

Found a guy in California and one in New Jersey that have experience working on the amplifier

I'm working on and offered to help me.  So great because it's going to be a lot of physical work

and brain work to get it working on my frequency band.

Was around a lot of smokers and vapors up north but I have no desire to go back there either.

Have a great day Kitty.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Jan-20

Good morning Susan.  Glad you're enjoying your time with Finn, he's so great.

Sad he is having so many medical issues, guess we all are now. 

We have an artificial Christmas tree but it has all white lights so my wife always

puts strings of colored lights on it anyway.   Only uses the white lights to put

ornaments on it.  Right now we're decorating for Valentines, mostly the bay

window but around the house some too.  The hearts I put red light strings

around didn't really look like hearts from outdoors so this year I bought a used

heart built with lights in it, much prettier from outdoors.  I even have the box for it.

My wire's brother's family got a new puppy, a pit bull or boxer type.  Was so much

fun playing with her.   I have pictures but no on this pc.  I got a cannon camera sureshot,

think it was at a hamfest in September for $20 but it went bad so just got a later model

Cannon Powershot for $40.  Like getting these high quality outdated cameras for nothing.

The latest ones are $1500 on up.  Take much better photos than my phone. 

Have a great day.

Ernie

Bedspread my mom made in the early 80s.

Cocoa60

Jan-20

Good morning and good going with stopping the poison smoke.

Kittyarnold

Jan-22

Good morning all.... 0 sunny degrees this morning...still grateful that going out would be "if I want" and not have to go...hope your day is wonderful....

Cocoa60

Jan-23

Good morning Kitty.  Was -16 here yesterday morning, 11 this morning, much warmer at 11.

Think I only went outdoors yesterday to get the mail.  Most of yesterday worked on my amplifier

in the basement.  Have made some progress but mostly just learning the amp and how to test it's

circuits.

Will be going down to the farm tomorrow or Thursday, likely tomorrow. 

Haven't had any pizza evenings lately, daughter doesn't want to travel in the cold.  We did have

pizza at wife's brother's home up in Fulton, NY.  Hadn't seen them in years because they don't get

along with part of the family. 

Have to take Subaru Baja in for a recall Wednesday.  Took it in once but turns out they replaced the

airbag with another defective one so it wouldn't be rusted for a while longer.  Hope they have one

without defects this time since they didn't tell us the last one was a temporary replacement.

Stay warm.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jan-23

Good morning....a warm 20 degrees here this morning....partly cloudy...daughter invited us for lunch which will be nice.....had a pretty sunrise for about 20 mins before the clouds rolled in....otherwise a quiet day and hope yours is lovely

Cocoa60

Jan-24

Morning Kitty.  4 degrees here this morning.  Going down south to the farm this morning.

Tomorrow is taking care of garbage and Wednesday have to take my Baja in for a recall

for the second time on the same airbag.  Farm house has to be cleaned up a little before

they drown in garbage.  I put fix a flat in one tire that's been leaking slowly yesterday, then

drove around a little to try to seal it up.  Drove on some of Brandy and I old routes.

Still working on the vhf amplifier but think I will for a while.  Testing, adjusting inductor coils,

studying, learning.  Not an easy thing to accomplish.

Feel bad for Susan and Finn.  Finn's getting old and they both have to live through it.  Lost our

Brandy a few years early to cancer.

Hope you enjoyed lunch with your daughter.  We have some pretty sunsets and sunrises.  I'm

still not doing much outdoors, just getting Baja ready for the trip.  Got up to 29 here yesterday.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Susan1206

Jan-24

Good evening, Miss Kitty ~

Most unusual for me to be signed on in the evening and posting so late.  Jim attending an AA meeting and dinner.  I thought I may go to our annual HOA meeting but the idea of going out in the cold and snow with 8-10 inches on the ground, just didn't appeal to me.  So, I ate a bowl of home made chili and will revisit the last session of The Crown tonight.

If the weather keeps up and it is supposed to, I will be more than ready to head to Siesta Key mid February.  I hold fond memories of the time spent at your home, lunch at Captiva and the walk to your beach.  We really were fortunate that year to have very warm temperatures.  I hope we are as lucky.

Take care.  Stay well and safe.  My Pulmonologist told me that despite the vaccine and booster, they are seeing patients getting COVID.  Advised me to take the Booster in another three or four months.  I feel as though it may never end!  ((hugs))  Susan

Cocoa60

Jan-25

Good morning Susan and Kitty.  Warm 24 here this morning, snowing on and off.

I went to the farm to clean yesterday and drove back on snow covered roads, my

first experience doing that this Winter.  Was tricky at first. 

That's gotta be great going on vacation to Florida.  I remember you going down to

visit Kitty.  Also, the shells she was shipping. 

I need to venture out again today to take care of everyone's garbage, then Wednesday

for a Subaru airbag recall.  Otherwise it's very cold lots of days and I don't go out much.

Have a great day all.

Ernie

• Edited January 25, 2022 5:31 am  by  Cocoa60