About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1825329 views.
Susan1206

May-7

Hi Paul,

Sunshine and wind here by the Lake… I’ll send the sunshine your way!  Happy weekend!  Susan

Susan1206

May-7

Dear Kitty ~
I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day~. 
Susan

??

Susan1206

May-7

Dear Jerthie,

The sun is shining down here south of you!  I have not seen you post for a bit!  Know that I am thinking about you!!   . Susan

Cocoa60

May-8

Good morning all.  Chilly morning but the first of the sunny days for the week.  I should get out for

a couple short rides on the bike before I take the trip down to the farm.  Checked the tires, glad I

did because the back one was very low on air pressure. 

Got the replacement tire by Fed Ex yesterday, hit a branch after the storm in traffic, it was the one

damaged when the frame collapsed on the Baja and the sidewall blew out when hitting the branch.

The used one I got is better than any on my vehicle. 

Susan, I can just barely read Finn's Morris report but can see where it says he's doing great.  So glad,

Brandy got cut short at 8 1/2 years and I still hurt every day.  I remember you slipping on the ice with

Finn and getting hurt badly.  Seems like you got hurt once in the house too.

I did get down to the basement for a brief time yesterday.  Took a few readings with the ohm meter

and powered up the amplifier.  The volt meter came up to 2000 volts so finally working.  So one of the

wire wound resistors I bought was defective new, was afraid it burned up here in my amp.  I still have

some repairs to do but it's looking good. 

Pups are getting bigger and learning fast.  Still playing a lot.  Wife has about 20 toys spread around.

Enjoy this beautiful weather week all.

Ernie

Granddaughter on lake Oneida when she was younger.

JavaNY

May-8

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers.

The sun should arrive here tomorrow.

Susan1206

May-8

Thanks, Paul ~
a lovely brunch with my daughters and three grands.  It’s going to be a warm and sunny week by the shore of Lake Erie.  Susan

Cocoa60

May-9

Good morning all.  Couple chilly nights here, all the flowers had to be brought in.  Hope you get

sunshine down in the city soon Paul.  Sunday was sunny here, only 175 miles East. 

Waiting on parts I ordered April 26 from China, for my amplifier.  Arrived at Binghamton

post office on May 8th, might get over here today. 

Probably ride bike down to the farm on Tuesday.  Install the shields on the Allis Chalmers tractor.

Couple hours to get the shields back on, heavy duty shields in the 70s, compared to today.

Have a good day all.

Ernie

Cocoa60

May-10

Good morning all.  Whole week of nice weather.  I'm headed for the farm this morning.  Didn't get

enough sleep, maybe get a nap before I leave.  Have the shields to put back on the Allis Chalmers

tractor that appeared to be finished on the last trip down.  My brother bought a wire antenna he

wants me to put up in the air for him.  Then there' mowing the lawn too.

Went over to my daughter's place on Monday and finished the maintenance on her lawn mower.

She's ready for a season of mowing now.

Wife brought in the flowers again, frost warning but it's 41 out at 3:30 AM. 

Received the parts for my amplifier and managed to get them installed during the day yesterday.

Was hesitant to try it out until towards the end of the day, but does seem to be working.  Only had

it powered up about 20-30 minutes before I went to bed but had no problems.  So this problem took

a month to fix and the whole amp project took over 3 months. 

Hope you're all enjoying the great weather.

Ernie

Some may remember Pax, the retired police dog, I used to walk at lunch time.  He's been gone for 10 years now.  Was a good boy.

In the Fall he would bust apples apart with his jaws and eat the pieces. 

JavaNY

May-10

Good morning, all,

Yes, it was very nice yesterday. Looks the same today and the next few days,

Part of my jogging path. Overlooking the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island. 

Cocoa60

May-11

Good morning Paul and all.  Trail looks good, dirt to run on instead of pavement.  Will save your

feet and joints for the future.  I got arthritis or I would still be going.  The fronts of my feet swell

up like I have a bee stings if there's an impact, can get away with speed walks.

Went to the farm yesterday.  Our sister is staying there for 2 days a week this year instead of

living there.  I got the half bath running for her since it won't freeze anymore but she has a cold

so she won't be back this week, at the least.  Also put the window AC unit in for her because she

works and gets hot. 

Put the shield over the hydraulic drive on the Allis Chalmers tractor so it and the radiator are

protected.  One tree branch in there could easily do a $1000 dollars of parts damage.  

Used my Henry Amplifier last night after I got home, worked pretty well.  It needs tuned from the

beginning of the procedure.  Had to use all of the 675 watts output RF power to get across the

100 miles at 147 Megahertz.  Many of the leaves and brush are blocking the signal now.

I'm sure everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather.

Ernie

Going across the field with the brush hog cutting down weeds, on the Allis Chalmers.

Dad's farm 80s.