About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Smoke Free Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 7/31/18 by ModMarge (slowblumer); 194839 views.
Evillarreal2

10/17/19

Wow man, a whole dang year. That's awesome. I only have about 11 months and a week to go. Bet it feels good.

JR (DPartonFan)

10/18/19

Please hang in there with your quit. After you get through the third month time starts moving much more quickly. 

Also, the withdrawal and cravings are much less intense after the third month. 

Denim50

10/18/19

Hey Gloria, 

Denim50

10/21/19

Hey David, 

Congratulations on fifteen months smoke free! I hope things are going great for you and that you have a wonderful week.  

Molly010

10/22/19

Hey Gloria!

Hope all is well!  I went awol for a while too but am trying to get back to all of you.  Come by and say hello when you get a chance.  :)

Denim50

10/23/19

Hey Molly, 

How are you doing? Enjoying the beginnings of the Fall Season? I hope so. It’s supposed to be cold here tonight. I hope the weather is comfortable your way. Anyway, I saw your post and wanted to stop by and say hi. Have a good evening.  

David072118

10/24/19

Hi Denim, 

Thank you for your nice message and congrats! Even tho I was kind of looking forward to the 15 mo th mark, I forgot it's here. I've got so much going on right now, and some of it is not pleasant (trying to find a lender for my home-the balloon payment came due which I didn't even remember there was one. Even though we've never been late on a single payment since 1998, this place won't re-finance!).

Also, a WARM hello to all of my friends on this forum! It's so good to see you're all (I think) still here!

Best wishes to all!

Kind regards,

Dave

July 21, 2018

Denim50

10/24/19

Hey Dave, 

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re having to go through that. I wish you the best of luck finding a lender. pray  Those balloon payments are awful! I really hope everything works out for you. Keep in touch. Hugs. 

Molly010

10/27/19

Hi Denim,

Nice to hear from you!  Our group has gone quiet for now.  The weather here has been great except for all the fires we are having.  We used to have just around 8 fires a year.  Now we have around 18 - 20.  

I had a dream that I smoked last night.  I have not had one of those dreams for a while, but it seemed so real and I was very upset.  So thankful it wasn't true.  It was an odd feeling too, like why am I smoking?  Didn't I quit? LOL  

Hope all is well with you!  

Denim50

10/27/19

Hey Molly, 

I hope none of them are near your home. It was raining here this morning but has has since stopped. I hope you get some rain out there to help extinguish some of those fires. 

So many have had that occasional odd dream. You’re not alone with it but thank goodness that’s all they are. Silly remnants I suppose, idk, but at least it was only a dream, or nightmare, lol. 

How are the pups doing? I keep thinking of what Gloria wrote about hers chasing the car, lol. I think that must be a sight! 

I’m not doing a lot today, messing around the house.  

LOL. I hope you have a great day. Please keep in touch as you get the chance. It’s wonderful to hear from you. 

• Edited October 27, 2019 1:44 pm  by  Denim50