About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Smoke Free Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 7/31/18 by slowblumer; 199914 views.

Congratulations Michele

2 Months quit wow eight whole weeks and then some, you must feel proud of your achievements.

Kind regards

Anthony

In reply toRe: msg 8
Nyerkes6588

7/31/18

I find it weird how my urges come and go. The weirdest things remind me of cigarettes. Its weird to think ill never smoke again in my life, i can't even say i won't because that might not be true. I hope it is and I know it'll be hard to turn them down if someone offers. My co workers are all really helpful in not letting me come outside and watching me if i do go outside so i dont smoke. 

This forum is pretty awesome. Lets me know I'm not the only one!

ExPipe

7/31/18

Patty -

Best of luck on your upcoming surgery.  Hope your recovery goes well and you get pain free.  I have had two back surgeries and am glad I had them.  Ruptured disks don’t really heal on their own.  You should be just fine with your quit going into surgery and will definitely heal faster as a non smoker.

Dwight

Beach1430

7/31/18

Hi Dwight and rest of the July group! Welcome to your new home. You have a great, strong group. Congratulations to you all!

ExPipe

7/31/18

Sadness vs Cravings

I find it interesting that one of the emotions I feel after my quit is momentary sadness.  This usually comes after several hours of strenuous yard work when I decide to take a break.  In the past, these breaks consisted of filling my pipe and enjoying several nice puffs.  Now, I take the break but with no pipe and it feels a bit sad at first.  Kind of stupid isn’t it?  My body needs a much needed break - it needs water and a protein snack but before the quit what it got first was smoke (tar, nicotine etc).  Thankfully the sadness passes and I take the tasty Nicorette lozenge and within a few minutes the sadness passes.  How totally bizarre!

Dwight

Nyerkes6588

7/31/18

I feel kind of...bored. Might be the wrong term. Kind of like im missing something. Its very weird. And like I said the strangest things make me want to smoke. Like watching certain tv shows or playing certain games or reading. Its very strange.

Probably just a game my mind is playing 

lori1531

7/31/18

Hey Marge! 

I’m so excited to have our new buddy thread! It feels like we’ve accomplished something- made it though the month of July without smoking. I certainly couldn’t have done it without your guidance and knowledge. You have truly been a lifesaver. Even when you were speaking to someone else, I always gleaned information that helped me in my own quit. 

So, many thanks to you! 

Lori 

lori1531

7/31/18

Hey Patty! 

Guess what! It’s been 29 days without smoking for me! Can you believe it? I remember not so long ago hanging on by a thread. Two weeks ago I was a complete mess, then slowly I felt a little stronger day by day. 

I hate that you have to have the back surgery but I’m so proud that you will be doing it smoke free. Your great attitude will aid you in your recovery for sure. 

Keep it up! You are doing so good.

Lori 

lori1531

7/31/18

Anthony,

Im very interested in how you are doing on Champix. My husband is also taking it. I think he’s been on it for a couple of weeks. He’s still smoking and hasn’t set a quit date, but he’s smoking less. I’m letting him do his own thing. I’ve read that some have success with champix and NRT together. Are still using the patch? 

Best of luck to you. I hope this quit is the one that works. You can do this! 

Lori 

lori1531

7/31/18

Hey Nick, 

Those cravings are tricky things. They will sneak up on you when you least expect it. The thing is, the cravings are just thoughts in your mind. Each time you don’t act on them, it makes you stronger and weakens the neural pathway in your brain. 

I too thought it was weird to think that I would never smoke again, but after the days passed, I don’t feel like I’ve given up anything worthwhile, especially when I think about all that I’ve gained. 

Believe me. You aren’t be only one. 

Lori