About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September Ash-Kickers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/1/18 by ModSue (VentasSue); 196917 views.
Denim50

10/13/19

Hey September Ash-Kickers 2018, 

Congratulations to all of you on thirteen months this month. A month beyond that anticipated one year celebration and moving on toward year two. So cool. Hugs and congrats to each of you.  

Denim50

10/13/19

Hey Wuffie, 

Thank you for your kind words about Gloria and I but I want you to know that to you’re gold too, around the forum and to us, as a quit buddy and as a friend. Thank you, and if you’ve not yet been reminded today, you are awesome!  Congrats on that thirteen month milestone.  

Wuffie34

10/13/19

Thank you Denim!! 

Molly010

10/13/19

Hi Mrissa,

It's amazing what we used to do as smokers.  Like you I continued to smoke through colds and the flu.  It's also amazing the difference one year makes.  I hardly think about smoking at all anymore and when I do, it's a just a passing moment.  My boyfriend and I went to see Van Morrison recently and I watched as the smokers were trying to get their smokes in before the concert started.  The smoking areas were very limited and I felt sorry for them.  That would have been me just over a year ago.  And I would have had to find a place to smoke between the opening act and the concert.  Then I would have been dying to smoke about half-way through the concert.

They say only 7% of people who quit smoking will make it to one year.  I do not know the percentage for relapse after one year, but we are certainly the exception and it is a good place to be.  Glad you made it with us.  Thank you for your support and hope you are feeling better!

Mrissa

10/13/19

Hey Molly,

It really is incredible how different and incredible life is without cigarettes. The enjoyment and pleasure in activities is unencumbered now. My husband and I rode mountain bikes for 3 hours today. I never once thought of smoking. The times have grown few and far between that I have any smoking thoughts. I LONGED to live days with this freedom.  Now I do!!

It's so precious. I can't ever imagine going back to smoking. I will stay vigilant with the understanding that it would only take 1 puff to be back to where I never want to go again. N.O.P.E will be a life choice daily.

I'm so happy for you and your freedom. Especially at the concerts that you enjoy! I remember how you shared the smoking  trigger of going to concerts.... now you are free and unencumbered to enjoy concerts!!

How awesome!!

I'm so happy relaxed to be in that number with you and all our quit buddies who have passed a year and more

Let's keep going !! .... I like those beautiful wings that fivers have....  I would like to get a pair 

Mrissa

10/13/19

Thank you Denim!! 

I hope you have an awesome weeksunflower

Mrissa

10/13/19

chickenchickenchickenchickenchickenchickenchickenchickenchickenchickenchickenchickenchicken....

(There are 13..... because you are awesome times 13 to the infinite power!!) relaxed

Denim50

10/14/19

Hey Mrissa, 

Thanks, I hope you get feeling better soon and have a great week also!  

Denim50

10/14/19

Hey Nancy, 

What a awful dream but so glad it was only a dream.  Goodness, we all fought through too much for that, lol. Keep in touch as you can. It’s wonderful to hear from you. Hugs. 

Wuffie34

10/16/19

Love those chickens!! smile you are awesome, too!!