About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Octonopers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/1/18 by ModAndrea; 155251 views.
sxp12

8/9/19

Right!  I forgot!!   YAY!   Leaving tomorrow for vacation with my family...this is going to (hopefully) be the LAST trigger situation before I can get to that coveted 12 month mark!!   Thank you, Andrea!

Congrats 10 months is HUGE!!!! Keep up the great job! Over the next hill you'll see the coveted Clubhouse. Read through that Tricky 8-11 Month thread if you get some wibbly wobbly times where those craves come out of nowhere. You've Got This so Keep Smiling!! Into month 11.

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

BlueDahlia29

8/9/19

Way to go on 10 months JR!!!  So proud of you : )

Image result for Congratulations image

BlueDahlia29

8/9/19

Way to go Shelley!!!!! 10 months is amazing : ))))

Image result for Congratulations image

BlueDahlia29

8/9/19

Just wanted to say thank you for your support from way back when until now, means so much. How are you doing?

BlueDahlia29

8/9/19

Well done on 10 mos Dennis!!!!

Image result for congratulations flashing images

JR (DPartonFan)

8/9/19

Gloria,

It’s been busy as a bee at work trying to get caught back up after being off for a month. I haven’t had much chance to check in on every one until today. I am starting 7 days off today and don’t go back until night shifts next Friday.

This morning I started making a baby quilt that has little ducks on it for my next door neighbor. My goal is to have it completed before going back to work next Friday. I’m thinking my goal may be a bit overachieving! Lol

I had not even realized tomorrow is my 10 th month. Seems like I just posted my ninth star. Once this star gets posted there will only be one more star to post and after that one I plan to unhang the stars from my forum sky and post my colorful key (after I use it to unlock the door of the Clubhouse). I’m bringing chocolate cake, chocolate covered strawberries and champagne with me to the Clubhouse. Sounds like a chocolate celebration!

JR (DPartonFan)

8/9/19

Monica,

Congrats on ten Smokefree months. I agree that it’s not always been easy but we sure are doing this for real this time. I hope all of our group makes it to the Clubhouse.

JR (DPartonFan)

8/9/19

Shelley,

Congratulations on ten months to you. Sounds like a vacation is a good way to celebrate a wonderful achievement. Hopefully there won’t be a lot of triggers at this point in your quit but there probably will be a few. Hang in there...we are closing in on the Clubhouse.

Missdogs2018

8/10/19

Wonderful to hear from you. Place that 10th star today...and just one more before you get the coveted key to the Clubhouse. Glad you staying so busy now that you hardly think about or crave smoking...that is a Great sign!

Enjoy your 7 days off. Hope you get that Baby Quilt finished or at least make good progress on it. And of course looking forward to the 3 Cs you are bringing to the Clubhouse: chocolate cake, chocolate covered strawberries & champagne. We are waiting on you to join us at the Clubhouse for the BIG celebration. 

Let's keep kicking Cig butt!!!

Gloria

-Former smoker since 30 Jul 2018 (How Sweet it is!!sunflower?)