About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Octonopers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/1/18 by ModAndrea; 149401 views.
ModAndrea

8/20/19

Congratulations on TEN MONTHS, Blue!

How sweet is is. blush

Have a fabulous smoke free day!

Hugs,

Andrea

Congratulations on getting through another month Now 10 Full Months - Awesome! 

Onto month 11. Stay strong and proud!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Denim50

8/20/19

Hey Blue, 

Congratulations on ten months smoke free! tada Hope you’re having a great day. You certainly deserve it. Only two more to the clubhouse. Can’t wait to see you there! Hugs. 

Denim50

8/22/19

Hey JR, 

Love the square for the baby quilts. Would love to see a picture of one when it’s completed. Gloria told me that you also make homemade soaps and I’ve seen your painting. You are so gifted. If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of soaps do you make? Also, any other amazing things that you make? You’re really good at crafting and arts. 

How are you doing? Have you booked your cruise yet? You so derseve it with all you’ve been through this past year. 

I’m hanging in. I’ve had tire issues this week. I had a plug in one of the back tires and then I got something stuck in the other back tire Tuesday and it went down. I was going to get a new tire but a thunderstorm came through. I don’t have a regular spare tire, only the factory donut, so I didn’t want to drive in the storm to the garage. Anyway, I got there Wednesday and went ahead and had all of them replaced with new ones. Hopefully I won’t get anything else stuck in them. blush 

I was telling Gloria in a message on the 10th, I think, that a family friend called on the 9th and said their home burnt down. They said it was a total loss. Thankfully, no one was hurt and they have another property that they own and are staying at. The fire department said it was due to a cigarette.

Have a great day. relaxed 

• Edited August 22, 2019 4:31 am  by  Denim50
BlueDahlia29

8/22/19

Thank you so much JR. Life has been so busy since my daughter is back in school and working now I nearly forgot my 10 mos anniversary. Looking forward to being in the clubhouse with you in a couple mos.

BlueDahlia29

8/22/19

Thank you Andrea, love the musical unicorn, very cute.

BlueDahlia29

8/22/19

Thank you Debbie, am shocked it's 10 mos already.

BlueDahlia29

8/22/19

Hi Denim Looking forward to joining you in the clubhouse. Hugs back xoxo

JR (DPartonFan)

8/22/19

Denim and Gloria,

Woohoo! Got the baby quilt done today. Picture is coming up. 

Soaps- I like to use two recipes most of the time. One is exceptional lather and the other allows me to do lots of swirl designs. Started out just making melt and pour soap because I was not too sure about working with Sodium Hydroxide at home. I work with it everyday in our chemical lab at our company so I decided to give the lye soap a try at home. It has to cure a lot longer before it can be used but I can make better patterns with the cold process soaps. 

I’m holding off on booking a cruise until maybe next May. I want to make sure I am doing ok without the blood thinners before I book another one. Hope you both are having a great week! 

Missdogs2018

8/23/19

Hey JR,

WOW...that baby quilt is Awesome...it is SO Beautiful!!! That is so Lovely and thoughtful of you to make that for your neighbor. I'm sure they will love and treasure it for their precious little one. You are so Good at that...wish I could take quilting lessons from you. You should enter that quilt in a contest before you give it to them since their baby isn't born yet. You have so many talents...and a non-smoker to boot!smiley

I'm sure you will do fine off of the blood thinner when the time comes. You can book your cruise on your anniversary for a later date. You can celebrate your anniversary when you like.

Last year at this time we were struggling and fighting to earn our first star. We were in full fight mode and just not smoking TODAY...one day at a time. So glad we made it thru. We kicked cig Butt!!muscle

I LOVE being a non-smoker....How Sweet it is!!sunflower

Gloria