About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Octonopers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/1/18 by ModAndrea; 160022 views.
JR (DPartonFan)

Oct-20

Blue,

Congratulations on your two year anniversary today. It was a long road at the beginning but you have made it to the point where it is 80% likely that you will never smoke again. You have done a great job with your quit. Hope you have had a chance to celebrate!

BlueDahlia29

Oct-21

Hi JR! Thank you so much for remembering my quitaversary. Hard to believe it's been 2 years for us! Wonder how everyone else from the Octonopers group is doing? Nothing really too special planned to celebrate, going to do some crafting and cook a nice dinner for tonight, mexican chicken. I also was able to kick alcohol to the curb and celebrate 4 months with that tomorrow, so good stuff happening. Hope you're enjoying the fall weather and it's not too cold where you live. For us it's just starting to cool off a little, at least in the mornings and evenings but the days are still warm. Keep in touch and I'll do my best to do the same. (((Hugs))) Blue

Loreficent

Nov-2

Hi JR,

Just reading through things randomly and fighting a little crave. Always so helpful and good to see you folks a couple years out still here, so wanted to say thank you. I’m also a Veteran, so...without saying too much controversial here, thank you for what you said about other things too! 

JR (DPartonFan)

Nov-2

Loreficent,

Thanks for your post. First and most importantly is fight that crave you are having this evening and know for sure it will pass soon. Even though I don’t post much anymore I still watch the current month of new folks each month. I read the political post that was posted a few days ago before his post was deleted.  Normally I would not post anything political other than to say the political situation in our country is creating tension for everyone in our country and it does make it harder for people who are trying to quit smoking.  Anxiety is always a barrier for folks when they are trying to quit. 
I really didn’t think anyone would see my reply to Gloria because our group is so old now nobody posts there much anymore. 

I want to say thank you for your service to our country. Our country is built on a foundation of service by people like you and you are definitely not a sucker or a loser.  I believe you are all heroes. 
Take care and keep on quitting with the nicotine. Sometimes being a “quitter” is a good thing, especially when we have quit something that was hurting us.

Loreficent

Nov-2

Thank you much.

Truthfully I felt a tad bit guilty barging in, but what you said just resonated with me quite deeply. Yes, we’ve lost sight of some important things in recent years, and it saddens me, as I do remember a time we were not so divided. I agree, it does heighten anxiety with the quit right now, but at 8 months there is no way I will give either outcome cause for me to do something like smoke which would serve to make me feel very disconnected and not united here with my Forum Family. 
I take a lot of pride in being a Veteran, so thank you. It was the best and only way at the time for a kid from a poor farm family to better myself, and I am grateful I had that opportunity. I will not however be recommending it to my 17 year old, for many reasons. Hopefully that day where I would recommend it to young folks will return! 
Thanks again. I will definitely stay the quit course! 

overdoze

Nov-14

Hey Jr congratulations on 2 years, way to go. Thats some major time you have beneath your belt. Im still trying to quit, made a few new friends on the site, but i stay a little quiet..