About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Octonopers 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/1/18 by ModAndrea; 156022 views.
BlueDahlia29

11/1/18

One of my favorite things is not smelling like it. I hated knowing how bad I smelled when I smoked I love now that I smell clean and pretty.

JR (DPartonFan)

11/1/18

Claire,

It is absolutely normal to be spacey, loopy, and even forgetful at this point. You know how it is when you go into a room to get something and forgot what you came after as soon as you walked into the room? Well that is normal stuff early in a quit but I promise you that will happen less and less with each passing day. Also congratulations on quitting smoking last month! :)

BlueDahlia29

11/1/18

Here's a fun raft for our pool too.  Who has the drinks and food?

Image result for pictures of seahorse rafts

Michel05

11/1/18

You go girl! You got this! Just no smoking! Right? blush

Michele Quit 1 June 2018

BlueDahlia29

11/1/18

Yes. Be careful when you're driving during one quit attempt I was really spacey and was almost in an accident.  How are you doing this afternoon Claire.  I know the first few days are tough but it really does get better. Only 12 days in right now and feeling pretty good.  Did have a strong crave after grocery shopping as usually when I come home with groceries I light up before bringing everything in the house, so I just took a few deep breaths, finished listening to the song on the radio and then brought the food in.  At least I'll be better prepared next time I get groceries.  You're doing great, stick with it the rewards far outweigh anything smoking can give you.

claire0331

11/1/18

Well that is good to know! I feel like a dingbat. 

claire0331

11/1/18

Other than feeling spacey, I am okay. Just working through my cravings. Had a particularly tense one just now, with the ridiculous junkie thinking and rationalizing why it might be fine to just go ahead and have “just one”.  I am telling myself that there is no such thing as just one and that the only reason for me to smoke right now is if I want to a full time smoker again, enslaved to poison. Well, no thank you to that.

claire0331

11/1/18

Oh and I used to light up before putting the groceri s away too. And probably after.  Blasting some happy tunes while I put stuff away and singing like a lunatic has helped me. Not pleasant for anyone listening but helpful to me. Lol

BlueDahlia29

11/1/18

You really are doing fantastic Claire you seem to be determined that will get you far.  That's what I did today once I got groceries in the house I cranked up some music much more enjoyable than a cig..next time I'll sing and dance while I'll put them away make it even more fun lol, thanks for the tip hehe.

dededubs

11/1/18

Andrea, I made it quit through Halloween and am on Day 4 again! Feels so much better on this side!! I have a family trip coming up in a week and am not sure if I will be able to make it through as some of my close relatives smokes. I had out of town relatives and we are supposed to take them to Tahoe. Anyway, it’s not until Veteran’s weekend so I have time to prep. When do you think is best to reacclimate around your smoking relatives? Just a week away from them, right? Feels good to be smoke free. Just hope I can last today!

• Edited November 1, 2018 3:11 pm  by  dededubs