About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPEvember 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/30/18 by ModDee; 68544 views.
SteveAll

12/3/18

Thank you.  That's very encouraging.  In my previous attempts I would get to this point and some strange wave of self pity would derail me.  I feel a lot more in control this time.  I don't feel like I am "giving up" smoking, I feel like I am overcoming a disease.  So when I hear long time ex-smokers reinforce the notion that the eventually I will be able to live a normal life again its very encouraging.

SteveAll

12/3/18

Thank you, congrats on your 1 month too! Hopefully we can be like the Freedom '16 board in a few years!

baysedge

12/3/18

Way to go!  Congrats. 

lol on the ice cream sandwiches  me too 7# in just about 6wks quit. But... got to put it in perspective  ...concentrate on the quit. Congrats again ..and pass me that cookie

Bev_1977

12/4/18

Hi all!

Today is one month for me. My s/o helped me get here. It is one month for him tomorrow.

How is everyone?

Bev

Quit November 4, 2018

Smoke Free: 30d 1h 45m 15s
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 902.2
Life Regained: 6d 21h 24m 7s
Money Saved: $ 291.86

Denim50

12/4/18

Congratulations Bev on one month smoke free! tada 

Hey Bev, 

Congratulations to both you and your s/o. I hope you both have fun celebrating your special days. It’s wonderful to see you reaching these milestones again. I wish you both the best. Have a great day.  relaxed   

Denim 

Bev_1977

12/4/18

Denim,

Thanks! 

It feels good to be at this point again. You know what? I no longer miss the smokes. My problem now is the nicotine gum. 

This is permanent.

Bev 

Quit November 4, 2018

One month, 3 hours, 27 minutes and 9 seconds. 904 cigarettes not smoked, saving $292.55. Life saved: 3 days, 3 hours, 20 minutes.

star

Denim50

12/4/18

Hey Becka, 

Wanted to say hi, saw this and had to smile. Thank you. relaxed I’m a bit late for Monday but happy Tuesday. How are you doing? I’m trying to get the tree up today and post a few things, along with the usual day to day stuff. I ate some chocolate pie the other day. It was delicious. I need to stop by the store today too. I need to pick up a different laundry soap. Did laundry and for some reason my clothes have shrunk. flushed(Yep, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it, lol.) You’re doing great with your quit. So happy you’re back. Remember to stay in the moment. Looking too far ahead can sometimes cause added anxiety and stress with our quits that we don’t need. Keep taking it day by day, minute by minute if necessary. You’re doing this and should be so proud of yourself. Keep in touch and have a great day. Talk to you again soon. Hugs. 

Denim 

• Edited December 4, 2018 8:27 am  by  Denim50
Darlene3566

12/4/18

Well done on One month.grinning

In reply toRe: msg 45
ModDee

12/4/18

From the Quit Smoking Library.......................................................

"As much as we'd all like to quit smoking and be free of nicotine addiction within a few weeks, it just doesn't work that way. It is possible to change the relationship we had with cigarettes and know that we'll never smoke again soon after quitting, but we still have to do the work of breaking down the years of habit we've built up around nicotine addiction. The only way out is through"

(((Hugs)))