About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPEvember 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 11/30/18 by ModDee; 68029 views.
Bev_1977

12/4/18

Denim,

Thanks! 

It feels good to be at this point again. You know what? I no longer miss the smokes. My problem now is the nicotine gum. 

This is permanent.

Bev 

Quit November 4, 2018

One month, 3 hours, 27 minutes and 9 seconds. 904 cigarettes not smoked, saving $292.55. Life saved: 3 days, 3 hours, 20 minutes.

star

Denim50

12/4/18

Hey Becka, 

Wanted to say hi, saw this and had to smile. Thank you. relaxed I’m a bit late for Monday but happy Tuesday. How are you doing? I’m trying to get the tree up today and post a few things, along with the usual day to day stuff. I ate some chocolate pie the other day. It was delicious. I need to stop by the store today too. I need to pick up a different laundry soap. Did laundry and for some reason my clothes have shrunk. flushed(Yep, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it, lol.) You’re doing great with your quit. So happy you’re back. Remember to stay in the moment. Looking too far ahead can sometimes cause added anxiety and stress with our quits that we don’t need. Keep taking it day by day, minute by minute if necessary. You’re doing this and should be so proud of yourself. Keep in touch and have a great day. Talk to you again soon. Hugs. 

Denim 

• Edited December 4, 2018 8:27 am  by  Denim50
Darlene3566

12/4/18

Well done on One month.grinning

In reply toRe: msg 45
ModDee

12/4/18

From the Quit Smoking Library.......................................................

"As much as we'd all like to quit smoking and be free of nicotine addiction within a few weeks, it just doesn't work that way. It is possible to change the relationship we had with cigarettes and know that we'll never smoke again soon after quitting, but we still have to do the work of breaking down the years of habit we've built up around nicotine addiction. The only way out is through"

(((Hugs)))

ModDee

12/4/18

Hey there SpartanFan

Haven't seen you in a while. Would like to hear from you.

(((Hugs)))

ModDee

12/4/18

• Edited December 4, 2018 9:10 am  by  ModDee
SteveAll

12/4/18

Congrats on your one month! Doesn't it feel good?  The energy and better health?

In reply toRe: msg 40
HumbledPam

12/4/18

Congrats Everyone! 

I quit 11-25-2018, so I'm lagging behind a bit.

Anyway, you all are giving me hope to carry on! Thanks! Hugs and Prayers!

Pam

spartanfan

12/4/18

I'm here, have just been reading not posting!!!  Today at 11:15 pm will officially mark 4 weeks smoke free for me!!!   Still have some periods of anxiety but I'm dealing with them...and the cravings have seemed to lessen--I've been able to distract myself or breathe deeply to get through them (and they really do only last a few minutes!) 

Thanks for checking in!!  

Julie