About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 139196 views.
AsadAKhan

3/20/20

Hello All

Thanks I lot for remembering it. We are small group of only 3 from March 2019 (which are successful) but together we did it and I am proud of myself.  Thank you Jan and Cheryl for remembering my quit dates and congratulating me on each and every monthly milestone.

It has been a long journey (specifically the first 4-5 months) where I think of everyone as a liar and nicotine junkie is coming again and again to me with the thoughts of one smoke to fix it all" solution or the other feelings that I will be going through this pain and agony for the rest of your life. Here I want to specifically thank ModMarge and Debbie for all the guidance and there support by patiently  responding to my stupid question of will it get better and when it get better on the forum and in private chat. 

I am member of multiple websites like whyquit and others and they are great help to start with the process. But this forum is like a afterlife to the process initiation as you get answer to all your questions 24/7 and you get the feeling that you are not alone in pain and all other in group or in forum are going through same or have gone through the same pain and agony.

I want to post a key but I am not posting as I think key is in now in my hand and i.e. to never take another puff.

Thank you all,

Regards,

Asad

Congratulations!! Asad you nailed this! Be very proud of this monumental achievement.  You showed that nicotine monster that you are in charge. I wish you continued success with everything you tackle. Stay strong and healthy throughout this Covid19 virus battle. Be so happy that your lungs will be strong now to recover if you catch this virus. We all must eat great foods, exercise, and never smoke ever again. Congratulations Asad as you definitely are no sissy! Onto year 2 for you.

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

slowblumer

3/21/20

Thank you Asad,

Your key is definitely in your hand.  Keep on going.

Rassister

3/29/20

Debbie,

You have always been there for all of us and became a part of our quits.  I see many retired nurses being asked to help.  I am not surprised that you have signed up.  Thanks for all that you do for others.  Stay safe and be well.

Marilyn 

Rassister

3/29/20

Congratulations and welcome to the club house.  It is the best place in the world with an incredible view of your future.   Moving on to year two....

All the best,

marilyn 

cmw0822

4/4/20

Hello to you! Asad you won the hard battle of staying smober for an entire year!! You hold tight to that key like it is a shield from the nicodeamon.  Debbie.. your dedication to staying smoke free and inspiring all of for this past year is something so very special. Turtles, your gentle outlook and steady reassurance was always a wonderful support for me. Debbie...Asad, Turtles and I finally all reached the clubhouse and we have your support to be grateful for in helping us get there. Asad and Turtles, I am honored to share our anniversary date together and pray we all share many more.  May all of you stay safe, healthy and smober as we face another incidence of evil in COVID 19. Keeping you all in my prayers,  Cheryl 

• Edited April 4, 2020 12:01 pm  by  cmw0822
turtles

4/4/20

Congratulations to you, buddy!!!  So worth it! And you too Asad!

• Edited April 4, 2020 2:54 pm  by  turtles
cmw0822

4/4/20

Hi Turtles..it makes my day every time I hear from you .  It is beautiful out today..We live in Indpls IN and I've been out in the yard most of it getting up left over leaves and putting out hoses and enjoying my flowers coming up. So nice to have the windows open.  Don't you live in Indiana or am I remembering wrong? Here we are a year smober and who knows what a year from now will bring after this awful virus is hopefully defeated. We gave our lungs a fighting chance!! Remember..Don't  ever look back.. it's not where you are going... Hugs to you Turtles... Cheryl 

Jan2185

4/18/20

Good morning all... seems a while since we have posted in here... I even went past my 1 year 1 month birthday so the quitting has now definitely worked.  I never thought I would ever get to this stage if I am honest - in the beginning the thought of being confined to home for this length of time without a smoke would have horrified me... now it hardly crosses my mind.

How is everyone coping with the lockdown?  We have just been told its at least another 3 weeks in the UK... I know its for the best but its very hard at time... it also annoys me that the uk are still allowing people to enter the country without testing - i read somewhere that thousands are coming in from all over the world... so we are confined but others are just entering the country --- it doesn't make any sense to me.  Hopefully the world can get this virus under control and people can start living again without fear

On the bright side the countryside is beautiful at the moment.. we are lucky to live near some woods and the bluebells are out in force.. new buds on the trees together with beautiful blossom.  Beauty is still everywhere :)

Stay safe everyone and take good care of yourselves

Jan sunflower

Bluebells 

DebraAnne60

4/20/20

That is a gorgeous pic, thax for sharing.