About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 142852 views.
DebraAnne60

4/20/20

That is a gorgeous pic, thax for sharing.

AsadAKhan

5/2/20

Hi Jan,

Congratulations on 14 months of quit. I hope you are doing great and enjoying your new non-smoker way of living.

Sorry for not writing much as I was not active on this forum from last few months. For me it was 13 months on 20th April 2020 but I never though of it on 20th and somewhere on 23rd/24th I realized that 20-April-2020 has passed and I didn't brag about it (LOL). 

I still do get some thoughts of smoking under stress but now I can ignore them easily without any major craving etc. They are not at all the same level of thoughts as they were during earlier days of quit.

Once again congratulations.

Regards,

Asad

Jan2185

5/3/20

Hi Asad,

Hey good to see you and thanks for the congratulations.   I also tend to think a lot lot less about smoking now.. occasionally I feel as though I could have one but exchange it for an apple lol.... I actually had a dream the other night (first one for months) that I was smoking  and hiding again... I woke up and thankfully realised it was just a dream... as i have said before I dont think you ever forget that you have been a smoker - how can you after over 40 years - but it gets easier to realise what a great thing you have done by giving up :)

i hope you and yours are keeping well Asad and away from this awful virus

Stay safe my friend and take care :)

Jan sunflower

Jan2185

6/2/20

Hi there

Another month has passed and, tomorrow, will be my 15 month anniversary - I don't really think that much about it any more except a few dreams I have been having recently - usual thing, I light up and then hide so I don't get caught - they seem very real at the time and even for a couple of minutes on waking - then I breath a sigh of relief "It's only a dream"  :D

Still under lockdown here as hubby is shielding because of a heart transplant two years ago but we do get out for walks as we live in the countryside where its only about 50 yards to the nearly fields and footpath network... we are very lucky as I just can't image what it has been like for people living alone in a flat.. no company, no garden - so hard.  We covered 9.5 km last Sunday and I will post a picture of the lovely countryside we live in :) 

I hope everyone is well and coping in this strange world we live in at the moment

Take care and stay safe :)

Jan sunflower

AsadAKhan

6/3/20

Hello Jan,

Congratulations on 15th months. You are doing great. I still do get cravings at some point but I will say those are more of thoughts. 

For me it is now even difficult to keep track of my quit date. Like I recognize on 26-27th May 2020 that 20th May was passed which was like my 14 months of quit.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Asad 

slowblumer

6/3/20

Hi Jan,

Happened upon your post  --wow , 15 months!  Isn't it amazing how much we think about cigarettes in the early part of our quits and how much we really do heal in a yr and beyond.  

I have had a few like dreams in the past few months. Have read from a few sources lately  that in 'these times' our dreams can really be wild.

Congratulations to you.  Love your county side.

Jan2185

6/3/20

Thanks Asad - nice to hear from you again :)

Jan sunflower

Jan2185

6/3/20

Hi Marge and thank you :)... I read somewhere too that dreams can be very vivid through this uncertain time we are having... 

I am very lucky to be living in these beautiful surroundings at this time.. to be able to walk a very short distance before reaching open countryside which goes on for miles  is very much a blessing.

Another few pics to share :

:       

Jan sunflower

• Edited June 3, 2020 3:20 pm  by  Jan2185
slowblumer

6/3/20

Jan,

Very relaxing just to look at the pictures of the fields.  Thanks.

AsadAKhan

Jun-30

Hi Jan,

It will be 16 months of quit for you in 3 days time. Congratulations in advance as I am not very regular on this forum. This COVID-19 situation is going no where and is worrying. I hope situation is good with you.

Stay safe and Congratulations!

Asad