About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 142830 views.
Ostekake12

3/1/19

Hi Anthony

Welcome to this gorgious forume. I am quite new my self, but I have actually managed to day 24 today. It is a true roller coaster and these two days has been the worst for me. But I am so thankful that I have this forume. The last 24 hours I have been at the hospital with my girlfriend and it has been so scary all of it. And even when I have hold her in my arms while she had had seizures for hours and hours  - I have had the phone in the other hand and posted here. I need to be here. And I hope you will stay here during your good and bad days tulip

full_moonfull_moonfull_moon - Veronica

Smober and proud since 5.2.19

Paula266

3/1/19

Im with you on leaving that life of addiction that really wasn't a life. Smoking controlled everything I did. Now Im free. I feel 100 % better already. I talk to myself alot. Beats smoking. I even talk to strangers in stores if I get a crave. I will say "excuse me do you know where the yeast is " and then " You look familar, seems like I've seen you before". Lol by then Im laughing and the craves gone. Keep doing whatever you need to, to not smoke. I do silly stuff at home sometimes to pass a crave. Ive rearranged my sock drawer so many times and my food in my kitchen cabnets. My husband can tell when Ive had a rough crave day, cause he can't find anything.  Keep NOPE-ing. Have a great nonsmoking Friday.

BlueDahlia29

3/1/19

Hi Anthony I am so rooting for you and I absolutely know without a doubt you can do this. You got very far in a quit before and you so can do it again. Put this addiction behind you once and for all there's a beautiful life to be lived without the need for cigarettes or the pain and heartache they cause. You deserve better for yourself. One day at a time. You got this!!!!  Hugs.

overdoz

3/1/19

Hi Anthony glad you are back, and it gives me motivation that i have made the right decision to quit cause i see that you want to quit, you see that it is not worth it. Im not judging you, i tried to quit for like 3 years after i had relapsed, and it was a tug of war. Keep trying. Allen Carr is good, this site is better i think.

Overdoz quit 10-13-2018

Robin212

3/1/19

Welcome and congratulations on your quit! I am 2 months and from the January group. Saw your post and wanted to let you know I LOVE Allen!

I read and listen to him all the time. Believe in yourself, read and post and it will go well

julesDS

3/1/19

Hi Anthony

im 12 days in just wanted to say hi. I know you can do this and it’s about finding your own coping strategies I think??!? I was determined not to swap cigs for nibbles so now when a craving hits I force myself to run up n down stairs 10 times - totally bonkers I know but I’m trying to train my subconscious into associating cravings with being knackered n hopefully they will die down a bit?  Yep - totally bonkers I know - good job I have an understanding boss ha ha 

let me know how you get in n KEEP GOING!!!

jules x

julesDS

3/1/19

Wow !!!! I’m in awe !!!! Veronica that post was really inspirational I’m 12 days in and after reading your post and hearing how you kept going through such a traumatic time I feel a total wimp!!!!! Please keep going hun - if you can then I can !!!!!

my thoughts are with you and I hope your partner gets well soon

jules x

Robin212

3/1/19

Allen Carr.. great. Not good

Yes Marge,

That pic says it all, though they haven't  struck yet. LOL  I know they will. I have walked this path before, Boy am I glad I made this decision.

Kind regards

Anthony

15 hours, 20 minutes and 7 seconds. 19 cigarettes not smoked, saving $19.12. 

Congratulations on your three months quit, precious, way to go, go girls.

I am just concentrating on today, one day at a time,

Gosh I'm getting hungry, it's midday here on a Saturday

I still have not been for my walk, the weather is balmy here not much breeze and I should be out.

Kind regards Screwadriver, I wish you all the best on your new life journey,

Anthony