About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 142280 views.
julesDS

3/1/19

Wow !!!! I’m in awe !!!! Veronica that post was really inspirational I’m 12 days in and after reading your post and hearing how you kept going through such a traumatic time I feel a total wimp!!!!! Please keep going hun - if you can then I can !!!!!

my thoughts are with you and I hope your partner gets well soon

jules x

Robin212

3/1/19

Allen Carr.. great. Not good

Yes Marge,

That pic says it all, though they haven't  struck yet. LOL  I know they will. I have walked this path before, Boy am I glad I made this decision.

Kind regards

Anthony

15 hours, 20 minutes and 7 seconds. 19 cigarettes not smoked, saving $19.12. 

Congratulations on your three months quit, precious, way to go, go girls.

I am just concentrating on today, one day at a time,

Gosh I'm getting hungry, it's midday here on a Saturday

I still have not been for my walk, the weather is balmy here not much breeze and I should be out.

Kind regards Screwadriver, I wish you all the best on your new life journey,

Anthony

Hi Veronica,

At first congratulations on your three dot weeks soon to be four.

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend in hospital I just pray that the medical staff there are good at their job and that your g/f does not suffer to much.

It's good to hear that you're being a good support, keep posting when the craves come and let us know when the seizures pass.

Kind regards

Anthony

Your right Paula,

It's not a life you want to live as a smoker especially when you have tasted freedom without cigarettes. I know which life I prefer. I just go for a walk when I get a craving we live by the river so it's nice to go for a walk.

Kind regards

Anthony

Thanks Blue,

Yes I feel good about this quit, congratulations on your quit, you must have a few months under your belt now, well done.

I know I can beat this demon, just take it one day at a time

Kind regards

Anthony

Hi Overdoz,

You have some serious time quit now Overdoz, well done, I am just slowly building my bricks in the wall between me and the demon. It's good to have experienced quitters alongside you in this journey of hope and freedom.

Kind regards

Anthony

Thanks Robin

Yes I love Allen also and he is committed to his task, I have the book I don't have the audio. I believe I can do this today and will continue to NOPE everyday.

But just the same there are some very good knowledge based articles on this site, with some wonderful people providing support.

Congratulations on your two month quit, may there be many more to follow

Kind regards

Anthony

Whatever works for you Jules, Climbing stairs will keep you fit, as well. 

Congratulations on your twelve days I am still in my first, at nine pm tonight I will have completed 24 hrs.

I am just a read and post kind of guy who loves to get out for a walk now and then. Good luck on your journey, doesnt it feel good deep breaths of fresh air.

Marvelous

Kind regards

Anthony