About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

July 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 36545 views.
In reply toRe: msg 356
4quitness

Oct-13

Hey everyone!

Congrats to those that have reached the 3 mth. mark. I'm really hoping that not all of us have such a rough time between months 3 and 4. It's been an emotional roller coaster yet again for me. Cravings and some depression. I just come on here and reread all of the help articles. Some of the journals and quit stories are very inspiring as well. We have some awesome veterans on here that are super supportive and generous with their time and wisdom. These people really know how to pay it forward.

Hang tight everyone, and stay in touch. I am proud of each of you!

Michele

Killed the beast 7/9/19

quit 13 calendar weeks, 5 days ago 

QuitJul19

Oct-13

My biggest issue is all the sudden I need to put something in my mouth all the time smile I don't know where this came from, but I feel like something is missing.  I'm trying very hard to not constantly snack. It's been harder it seems for me as well. Almost as if I'm losing some of the determination I had early on that was so strong. I won't cave, but would like to find that positivity again. 

07-12-19 dizzydizzydizzy

• Edited October 13, 2019 6:12 pm  by  QuitJul19
4quitness

Oct-14

Yes, I definitely understand. Do you also feel antsy? Like you're coming out of your skin? My daughter suggested that maybe I'm actually reading too much about smoking cessation, and that maybe I think a lot of this is happening because of what is described in all of the articles. The power of suggestion? I really wish I knew!

Msg 4222.360 deleted
QuitJul19

Oct-14

I do feel like I'm climbing the walls at times. I really think it's just stress caused by cessation. I still don't sleep great and I still haven't found that normalcy yet. Things still feel off. I try not to focus on quitting every moment, but I do devote time to my quit every day so I can remain strong. I think it's all about balancing things. And we all know recovery takes a while. Maybe try some different things to occupy time and see if that helps?? I know being educated in a quit is very important, but if your daughter thinks taking a break from it is a good idea then give it a try. Might help you to relax some which I know is difficult at this stage in our quits. It's going to get better for sure!! It's just a wild ride getting there!!

In reply toRe: msg 361
QuitJul19

Oct-19

Today is 100 days! Seems like it's an important number so thought I'd post grinning

sweetstuff76

Oct-20

It is and congrats again .

I’m 3 days away from reaching 3 months and these last 2 weeks have been hard , not wanted to smoke just feeling low and anxious and I know I just have to ride it out .

how are things for you now Michele ? I’m hoping you enjoy your time away in the mountains and it helps you 

Quit July 23rd 2019

QuitJul19

Oct-20

This third month is brutal grin dig in your heels!! I've had some kind of struggle almost daily and I'm ready for this to be over. It's worse than the first month and I hope no one else is having this hard of a time!!

Ginger3077

Oct-20

I'll be at 3 months in about 10 days and I've been feeling depressed lately. I just hope I don't feel this way when I reach 3 months and beyond. I should clean my sun room. Wash my car etc etc etc but I'm sitting here feeling crapppy . Absolutely no energy. Go to YMCA 4 mornings a week other than that nothing.

sweetstuff76

Oct-21

I hope it starts getting better for us all and soon . I push myself to fill my day or I start getting really agitated , it is hard when you feel down and just rotten but have to tell yourself this is temporary and things will bet better . The second month for me was the best and then 2 weeks into this one it’s hit me out of nowhere this low mood .