About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

July 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 35787 views.
QuitJul19

Oct-14

I do feel like I'm climbing the walls at times. I really think it's just stress caused by cessation. I still don't sleep great and I still haven't found that normalcy yet. Things still feel off. I try not to focus on quitting every moment, but I do devote time to my quit every day so I can remain strong. I think it's all about balancing things. And we all know recovery takes a while. Maybe try some different things to occupy time and see if that helps?? I know being educated in a quit is very important, but if your daughter thinks taking a break from it is a good idea then give it a try. Might help you to relax some which I know is difficult at this stage in our quits. It's going to get better for sure!! It's just a wild ride getting there!!

In reply toRe: msg 361
QuitJul19

Oct-19

Today is 100 days! Seems like it's an important number so thought I'd post grinning

sweetstuff76

Oct-20

It is and congrats again .

I’m 3 days away from reaching 3 months and these last 2 weeks have been hard , not wanted to smoke just feeling low and anxious and I know I just have to ride it out .

how are things for you now Michele ? I’m hoping you enjoy your time away in the mountains and it helps you 

Quit July 23rd 2019

QuitJul19

Oct-20

This third month is brutal grin dig in your heels!! I've had some kind of struggle almost daily and I'm ready for this to be over. It's worse than the first month and I hope no one else is having this hard of a time!!

Ginger3077

Oct-20

I'll be at 3 months in about 10 days and I've been feeling depressed lately. I just hope I don't feel this way when I reach 3 months and beyond. I should clean my sun room. Wash my car etc etc etc but I'm sitting here feeling crapppy . Absolutely no energy. Go to YMCA 4 mornings a week other than that nothing.

sweetstuff76

Oct-21

I hope it starts getting better for us all and soon . I push myself to fill my day or I start getting really agitated , it is hard when you feel down and just rotten but have to tell yourself this is temporary and things will bet better . The second month for me was the best and then 2 weeks into this one it’s hit me out of nowhere this low mood .

I just had 12vweek quit.  Now this week i hit 100 days.  Actually tomorrow.   I also have had the worst 2 weeks!!!  Anxious, not sleeping, eating more than ever!!  I don't really want to smoke but i sure am having a tough tine!!  I think i was actually stalking a smoker the  other day!!  I was walking into a store and i picked up the scent of cigarette smoke.  I trailed it thinking i wanted one then low and behold i was gaining on the scent which became a BIG ODOR!!!  Not stalking cigarette smokers anymore wasn't what i thought i wanted!!  Ha ha just needed to share my experience. Happy smoke free life everyone!!

4quitness

Oct-21

Thank you! I'm actually having anxiety about the road trip. You know the whole deal about smoking while traveling can be tough. I associate the long car ride with frequent smokes. Hopefully I can distract myself with something. My control-freak husband needs to let me drive part of the way. That would really help.

I'm hoping all my July quitting partners are doing well. This icky 3rd month is not fun. Can't wait for the 4-month mark. Let's hope it is much better!

4quitness

Oct-21

I totally get that. I can't wait for the days to be over. I have found myself to be getting quite snappy again. I hate that!

4quitness

Oct-21

That's pretty funny. Did you feel like a bloodhound?