About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 87463 views.
In reply toRe: msg 48
Ssoshwifty22

9/5/19

It's been 1week !!!!!!!! Huzzah! I had an interview for a job today I really need, so freaking out over that really took my mind off the cigarettes for a couple of days!!!! 2 weeks here I come because N.O.P.E! Cheers everyone, keep on keepin on!

Denim50

9/5/19

Hey Anthony, 

Glad to see you back, not giving up, and giving quitting another go. Good for you! And your partner! I’m sorry to hear about their health scare though and hope you’re partner is doing much better. I’m glad you’re able to do this together this time. relaxed Good luck and best wishes to you both. 

Denim50

9/5/19

Congratulations on getting through that first tough week! tada I hope you get the job. Good luck to you. relaxed 

• Edited September 5, 2019 8:16 pm  by  Denim50
Ssoshwifty22

9/5/19

Awwww yay a ribbon yes I hope so too! And awesome job on your 1 year and 5 months that's amazing and inspirational! 

Xoxo Shauna

Ssoshwifty22

9/5/19

Hey Anthony this is my first week on this site and its a life saver so hopefully this time around we can help you achieve your final quit  good job so far!

Xoxo Shauna

Hey Denim, it's good to be back, hoping to put some runs on the board, how's everything with you?

Kind regards

Anthony 52hours

Thanks Shauna, we will get through this together No Smokes.

Kind regards

Anthony

MichaelaOana

9/6/19

Brenda, almost 4 days smoke free. I feel dizzy and angry. I try not to yell at nobody, but to stay angry at cigarettes.

I have a small journal on my computer. I take everything I loved to read and put it there.

I think our Debbie said this 

-Yes, quitting sucks but getting COPD or Cancer Sucks Much Worse. You keep taking this One Day At A Time - only today matters-

I dont sleep well at all. Every night I feel very angry and I dream stupid things.

Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/6/19

Hi Michaela, 

I love what you said about focusing your anger on the cigarettes - that is SUCH a good idea!  I will do the same.  I find myself getting irritable with my 4 yo and I should be focusing that irritability on the cigarettes.  Thank you!  I'm done by the end of the day - all I want to do is sleep.  Its hard facing life on life's terms with no numbing agent.  I should know - I've used so many of them.  I'm finally only down to sugar.  I had 4 Reese's cups and a donut for breakfast.  Plus PB + J toast.  And two cups of coffee.  Still better than smoking.  Thank GOD its Friday.  However, I have to work tomorrow morning.  Oh well.  At least I'm employable.  Here's to a great smoke free day.  Cheers!