About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 94653 views.
MichaelaOana

9/6/19

Brenda, almost 4 days smoke free. I feel dizzy and angry. I try not to yell at nobody, but to stay angry at cigarettes.

I have a small journal on my computer. I take everything I loved to read and put it there.

I think our Debbie said this 

-Yes, quitting sucks but getting COPD or Cancer Sucks Much Worse. You keep taking this One Day At A Time - only today matters-

I dont sleep well at all. Every night I feel very angry and I dream stupid things.

Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/6/19

Hi Michaela, 

I love what you said about focusing your anger on the cigarettes - that is SUCH a good idea!  I will do the same.  I find myself getting irritable with my 4 yo and I should be focusing that irritability on the cigarettes.  Thank you!  I'm done by the end of the day - all I want to do is sleep.  Its hard facing life on life's terms with no numbing agent.  I should know - I've used so many of them.  I'm finally only down to sugar.  I had 4 Reese's cups and a donut for breakfast.  Plus PB + J toast.  And two cups of coffee.  Still better than smoking.  Thank GOD its Friday.  However, I have to work tomorrow morning.  Oh well.  At least I'm employable.  Here's to a great smoke free day.  Cheers!

Brenda (1sept19)

9/6/19

Anthony,

So glad you and your partner are doing well.  I think not having smokes around and having someone right there, going through the same thing, will help.  Yesterday was a very stressful day, my normal run to the smokes kind of day and I made it through as a winner.  So it turned out to be a good day.  relaxed One day at a time !

Brenda (1sept19)

9/6/19

Congratulations on a week !  Keep NOPE'N.

Brenda (1sept19)

9/6/19

Hi Michaela,

Are you using any thing or going cold turkey ?  On my one of many attempts, I tried using patches.  They made me feel very restless, agitated and crazy dreams, couldn't sleep.  I am trying cold turkey this time and it is much better.  Much calmer, sleep like a baby ?  Don't know if that is the issue or just that  smoking and quitting sucks. stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes As the Old timers tell us, it will get better.  Hang in there, Michaela, you can do this.  Keep NOPE"N.

MichaelaOana

9/6/19

It is the First time I quit cold turkey. First i used zyban, then nicorette gum.  This time I want to keep it simple and not feeling down beeing adicted to nicorette gum as I used to be.

MichaelaOana

9/6/19

Alex, I learned that from people who are  smoke free for a long period of time. If I remember well, Debbie is one of the ladies who use to write this. Stay mad at cigarettes, not at people.

Brenda (1sept19)

9/6/19

I understand.  I think I am doing the same thing, for the same reasons. If there is an addiction to be had, I will find it. relieved I like that, though, staying mad at cigarettes instead.  I hate the slave they have made of me.

Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/6/19

If there is something to be addicted to, I WILL find it and consume it.  I often wonder about this - WHY do I feel the need to put something external into my body to make the inside of me feel better?  It is so weird.  Like, even though I'm not smoking, I'll eat a Reese's cup and "feel better".  But I'm not any better.  And now I'm fatter.  LOL!!