About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 84235 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

11/4/19

2 more days !!!!

MichaelaOana

11/4/19

I have been reading all the posts from the bigining of this group. I was wondering how  Mercy is doing...

One month 3 weeks 4 days smoke free.

lindnog

11/4/19

Hi Brenda

im sorry that I’m a few days late to send you a huge congratulations on your second smokefree month!

I am so pleased that you booked yourself a pedicure as you definitely deserve a treat. 
Onwards towards our terrific 3rd month!!!

Linda

lindnog

11/4/19

Hi Michaela 

I hope that you have had a better day today, you are so close to your second month milestone. It is a good idea to read back through posts, I find reading the 1 year and beyond very inspirational. 
Sending you hugs from the UK

Linda

• Edited November 4, 2019 5:19 pm  by  lindnog
Denim50

11/5/19

Hey Brenda, 

Hope you enjoyed your pedicure and had a wonderful day.  

Denim50

11/5/19

Hey Michaela, 

So happy you didn’t cave. It’s great to see you staying close to the forum and staying strong. Those dreams can feel like that and I’m sorry you’re going through that. Most all of us have had those dreams. So, I can’t tell you how to stop them but I can tell you that they become less frequent the further along we go and most of us reach a point where we recognize them no longer as triggers but as what they are, nothing more than a dream and thankful that’s all they are. I hope that provides you with some comfort. It will get better, until then wishing you peace in the storm. Hugs. 

• Edited November 5, 2019 4:02 am  by  Denim50
Brenda (1sept19)

11/5/19

There were quite a few people that had posted early on that I haven't seen in awhile.  I hope they are still with us and would love to hear from them.  blush  How are you doing, Michaela ?

Brenda (1sept19)

11/5/19

Hi Linda,

The pedicure was lovely and I now have lovely feet.  blush Haven't treated myself in years, just always did it myself.   How is everything going for you ?  Is the terrific 3rd month going okay for you ? I notice with myself that the excitement at the beginning is wearing off and I have to work at keeping myself focused on all the good stuff.  I am going back, doing a lot of reading, reading Allen Carr again, trying to keep the positive foremost in my mind.