About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 86742 views.
Ovivi

11/9/19

Thank you, Denim! I really appreciate all your kind words, and all that you do to help people here!
Denim50

11/9/19

Hey Ovivi, 

I love seeing your post around the forum too, thanks. I’m glad you’re here with us on this journey (roller coaster, lol). Thanks for your kind post to me too. It’s nice to hear from you.   

Brenda (1sept19)

11/9/19

Image result for quotes about life

Everybody have a great weekend ! 

Brenda (1sept19)

11/11/19

How is everyone doing ?  Would love to hear from everyone. blush

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

11/11/19

All good brenda.  Have just returned from a few days with family.  Even my daughter - hard core smoker - has quit.  She looks amazing.    My sister is the last one smoking.  Yay......we will be a non smoking family yet.

How are you doing?

Aussie viv

Brenda (1sept19)

11/12/19

Good news about your daughter !!  Hope you enjoyed your family time.  All is good with me, one day at a time, I am learning to live without the smokes.  How is the summer going for you ?  We are freezing our tushes in the Northern Hemisphere.  A high of 21 here yesterday.  Just grateful I didn't have to go out and smoke. Was actually a lovely day, curled up with a good book and the fireplace going.  Very nice !  Glad you are kickin' the butts, Viv.  Hope you have a great week !

Brenda (1sept19)

11/12/19

Congratulations on 2 months free, Michaela !!!!

Related image

Ovivi

11/13/19

A little rough today, Brenda. Terrific threes aren’t quite as terrific as I’d hoped. But nevertheless I am persisting!

How are you doing?

Brenda (1sept19)

11/15/19

So sorry you are having a rough day but very proud of you hanging in there.  I have those days myself but so glad that they only happen occasionally now.  I wasn't able to visit the forum yesterday, I would have answered you sooner.  I had to move all the furniture out of my house to have the carpet re-stretched and then move it back in. I had a real pity party because I am not as young as I used to be, I was working so hard, I should have a smoke !! Luckily, I remembered to be grateful that I have a home, furniture and carpet....relaxed and the smoking, cranky thoughts disappeared.  Alas, the getting older stuck around, oh well, beats the alternative....So yes, I have those rough days too.  Anyway, here's to wishing us better days and I hope your's has improved also. blush

lindnog

11/16/19

Hi Brenda

im sorry I haven’t posted on here for a while, I’ve just been so busy with work and home life. I hope you and everyone in our August/September group are well. We are halfway through our terrific third month and although I know that I’ve put a few added pounds of weight on I am still happily a non smoker. I went to the gym this week to a body balance class which was a mixture of tai chi, yoga and Pilates. I enjoyed it so much I’ve signed up to go to the class again next week. I wouldn’t say I’m substituting cigarettes for food but more like food tastes so much better now and I do have a sweet tooth. I am going to start now being more mindful of what I am eating!!

Have a lovely weekend

Linda