About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 87497 views.
Ovivi

11/24/19

Oh thank you, Brenda!

You’re very kind.  I’m sitting in a cozy nest of pillows and blankets. Hopefully this goes away before Thanksgiving! At least I’m not smoking.
How are you doing today?

Brenda (1sept19)

11/25/19

Hope you are feeling better each day and the quit is getting easier.  When I smoked, even sick, I would have been outside getting my fix.  How dumb is that ?  It is nice to be able to stay warm and toasty now and not care what the weather is doing.  blush  I am doing pretty good, I don't have too many bad days.  Try to just ignore myself when I do !  Still riding my bike each day, feel kinda like Forest Gump but on a bike....Ride Brenda ride !!! smile Have rode 236 miles and not smoked 3406 cigs.  It feels good to do something healthy for a change.  Anyway, sending good vibes and healthy wishes your way.  

Brenda (1sept19)

11/25/19

You are so welcome.  Always have loved both cats and dogs myself.   Have a real sweet little cat that stops to visit with me each day.  She is well cared for so must belong to someone, but she has become my little buddy.  My little dog doesn't seem to mind her too much. They kinda choose to ignore each other. wink  Anyway, this is our final quit, Viv, I can feel it.  Onward to 4 months, one day at a time.

Brenda (1sept19)

11/27/19

One day early, but a big Congratulations, Alex.  3 months down ! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and onward to the 4th month. You are doing great !!!

alexisfree

11/27/19

Thank you Brenda!!  I can't believe it.  I've actually been having some "thoughts" this week, but I didn't cave.  I'm so grateful for my smobriety!!  :D

Brenda (1sept19)

11/27/19

I have had a few lately myself.  Chalking it up to some receptors shutting down and the Holiday season.  Have you got big plans for Thanksgiving ? It will be quiet here, but I did make a pecan pie . Pecan pie and icecream, what a treat !! Hope you and yours have a lovely holiday.

Brenda (1sept19)

11/27/19

Hope you are feeling better !!!  Happy Thanksgiving !

alexisfree

11/27/19

We do not have big plans - thank God.  This whole year seems like it was one big thing after the other.  I bought a turkey breast dinner with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans from Costco - along with a pumpkin pie and an apple pie.  And I invited my brother over.  Easy peezy!  I will not stress out about the holidays this year - not worth it.  Heehee.  If my brother doesn't come over, it will just be me, my husband, and our girls.  So nice.  And we're probably going to go to a farm nearby and watch the Christmas lights - something fun for the girls :)

Ovivi

11/27/19

Happy Thanksgiving, Brenda!
Yes, I am almost back to normal, thanks for asking! It is something we take for granted most of the time, but I sure appreciate feeling good again! I’m back to my hikes, and spending more time outside. How is your bike riding going? Hope you are feeling good.