About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 54584 views.
QuitRunner

10/24/19

Absolutely. And how nice it was to get to the office this AM without having had a cigarette. 

And to go to bed last night without stinking of smoke.

Focusing on the positives on day 2 :) 

Kristin

JohnsonFu

10/24/19

Oh my! U are right on it. 

no cigg smell going into office, no cigg smell going to bed! 
no worries of bumping into someone on the way to work in  the morning and start a conversation as I am always worried about my stinky mouth! 

damn relatable to me..

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

10/24/19

Hello,  I was reading through the OCTOBER thread and came across your message.         I totally identify with your sentiment that giving up smoking is the hardest challenge you have met.    Me too,    and I have had quite a few quits and this time I am just on two months.  I even threw away a 2 1/2 year quit once.    You have come to the right place.  This forum is so informative and accepting.   I wish you the best with quitting and with your health.  My daughter has emphysema and is only in her 40's.    Smoking is a wicked thing really.

Aussie Viv

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

10/24/19

Hello Lynn,     I hope and pray for you that you can quit.  I was just scrolling through the October thread and saw your message.     You sound determined.   Stick with the forum.

Aussie Viv

quit 24/8/19

QuitRunner

10/24/19

Totally. No wearing a separate jacket and then obsessively washing hands so you don’t smell!

MarkOU812

10/24/19

Well got snowed out of the mountains early. Left home drive 700 miles, did some 40-50 miles hiking up and down the mountains with no chest tightening or feeling short of breath. Get off the mountain and start contemplating the drive home and chest been heavy all afternoon. Thinking now it may be anxiety, but don't know what I have to be anxious about. This started couple weeks before I decided to quit and the reason I quit. But anyway, yeah I up to 11 days, almost done with 12. 

11/13/2019

Mark

QuitRunner

10/24/19

12 days quit and hiking 40-50 miles? That’s outstanding. Way to go! 

finishing a paltry day 2 :)

MarkOU812

10/24/19

Thanks but my brother and I have decided we are getting to old for this. Legs hurt back hurts..lol

2 days means your serious, we can do this. 

I chew out my addiction like it's standing right in front of me, outloud as much as possible. Your mind tends to believe what you tell it, whether you believe it at the time or not. Keep reading, posting, & smoke free.

N.O.P.E.  not one puff ever

MarkOU812

10/24/19

The miles were over 4 days

48yrsmokin

10/25/19

Hello Debbie  This is 48yrs.smokin   Well i'm starting in this forum not knowing what and where to do things. Guess I'll start bye saying that I'm on my 9th day of the rest of my life being smoke free. 1st time not smokin in many years. I'm 61 had a health scare from the Doc laying it out on the table. With no bluntness about it told me Keep smokin and I'll see you again in here on short order or I Maybe not cuase you will not see any 1 6 ft. under. Took that with my 3yr, old grandson to get me in the mood. So threw smoking cessation classes at local hospital and Your forums that I found and read alot I am on the road to being smoke free. What to do with this now? I'll ppush some buttons and hope it goes to the right places. I'm not computer frendly and it's the joke that nobuddy lets me near there electronics cause I always mess them up!!!!!!!!!