About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 57459 views.
Jan2185

10/5/19

Hi julian, welcome :)

It's never too late to quit!  I stopped 7 months ago after smoking for 48 years.  i am not denying its been tough but I can see that it was the best decision i made.  I want to see my Grandchildren grow up and be of good health as I enter retirement... i don't want to be one of those who is always coughing and spluttering and at the doctors every 5 minutes.  You need to remind yourself why you are quitting, that always helps.

Good luck and stay near the forum - as someone else said, there is always someone who will answer you with words of encouragement when you are struggling

Jan sunflower

juliannsc63

10/5/19

Thank you for your encouraging words Jan. I too want to live to see my grandchildren and I know I won’t be able to if I don’t quit. I will keep reminding myself.

4quitness

10/5/19

I have to ask out of curiosity why you would be using a steroidal inhaler if you have not already been diagnosed with a respiratory illness? Were you prescribed this in the past for a severe infection?

Msg 4225.29 deleted
juliannsc63

10/5/19

I got it for asthma.   

In reply toRe: msg 30
slowblumer

10/6/19

Hi everyone,

Have you listed your reasons for quitting smoking?  If not, you might want to.  Check out this article.

trish2uh

10/6/19

Hi JuliannI 

I got antibiotics and oral steroids they really helped so much.  Honestly I have no idea if this is common or not.   I do know I've read that most smoker will have problem with their sinuses for quite a while after smoking which I do too..lol Lucky me I've got it all...lol  But I am doing so much better now when this started I couldn't lie down, sleep or really do anything I was dead I sat on the couch or chair and hoped I'd get some sleep.  I couldn't do too much due to feeling like I couldn't breathe.  Well a month later and I'm up and about doing yard work again and sleeping in my bed too!!!  Hang in there you can do this.

Trish 

PrepsEtc

10/6/19

I just discovered this board and after 50 years smoking, I really need to quit. I have COPD and emphysema, and will surely need a miracle to make it work. Please help

trish2uh

10/6/19

You can do it just take it one day at a time.  Read as much as you can on the forums and reach out with questions someone will eventually answer you.  I quit smoking on August 1, 2019 and honestly its the best thing I've ever done.  I'm finally starting to feel better and like myself it was a very long hard road but I did it and so can you..............one foot in front of the other and day by day!!!

PrepsEtc

10/6/19

Thank you very much, as I am medically a challenge to work with. My COPD/Emphesema and back injuries leave me with lot's of free time to study up, I have no idea how much time I have left to live in terms of weeks, months or years left before I may have to permanently move into an elder care place, I need to try to make the best of what time I have left. I need to try to get this right before I check out.