About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 66337 views.
SusanK1960

Jun-9

Hi Wayne,

I am sorry this acknowledgement is getting to you a bit late, however this does not diminish your accomplishment. A big Congratulations on another successful month without smoking!

People throw stones at you and you convert them into milestones.      

Sachin Tendulkar

Wayne1957

Jun-10

No apologies needed, Susan.  I was a 4-pack per day smoker.  At eight months quits, that's about 19,200 cigarettes I didn't smoke; about $9,600 I didn't spend.  It seems kind of ridiculous that I ever smoked that much now, but the numbers don't lie.  Quitting is its own reward!

• Edited June 10, 2020 4:16 pm  by  Wayne1957
SusanK1960

Jun-10

WOW!  That is some hard core quitting! 

DbAnne

Jun-10

That is really good work there Wayne, nice goin.  Have to say, very impressive indeed.

Cheers on 8 months.

Congratulations GIF | Gfycat

Eve1973

Jun-13

Good morning Susan!

Happy 8 months! You are doing great!

I know you have had your difficulties and some heartache! But you have gotten through it smoke free! Fantastic and keep on inspiring us with your success! Also thank you for being a thoughtful cheerleader through out! Have a great day, be proud of yourself and treat yourself to something special! 

Best to you Eve

SusanK1960

Jun-13

Thank you Eve!  I have had difficulties, however, I have had achievements as well!  That I have made it thru 8 months feels awesome, because I have never had the belief in myself that I could do this.  It has taken the memory of the guilt feelings of previous failed quits and this forum to help propel me to, the first time in 40 years of smoking, be at 8 months of not smoking! On to 9 months!

48yrsmokin

Jun-14

WOW All kinds of good stuff this Month.  8 months" Who  would of thought of  Nopers". It really does feel like a good accomplishment. then throw in a little 1st month of retirement.  Yes Life is Grand. Thank you All.  Got My Song. "I don't want to work' I just want to Bang On The Gong all Day."

SusanK1960

Jun-15

Hi Ed, 

Congrats on your retirement!  It sounds like life as a not smoker is fitting you quite well!  That is great news!

Eve1973

Jun-16

Congratulations on Retirement and 8 months! 

I so WISH I WAS IN YOUR SHOES.....on both of them!

Nicely done!