About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 65922 views.
Wayne1957

Oct-9

Yep, I'm still a chain dropper.   Since they're sugar free, and since they easily fit into my budget, I can't bring myself to declare them "a problem;"  therefore, no plans so far to add them to a quit goal.  Besides, I don't want to jinx the ex-nicotine roll I'm on, so I'm in no hurry to even think about cutting down on the drops.

I'm applying an engineering maxim here: Don't Fix It If It Ain't Broke.

I don't foresee that changing any time soon -- if ever. 

:)

And yeah, not much smells better than passing by a smoker who is indulging the habit.  It doesn't happen often, but when it does I have to remind myself that it only smells that good because I haven't saturated my own olfactory senses with it.  It never smelled that good when I was indulging in the habit myself; not even the first smoke in the morning smelled that good.

• Edited October 9, 2020 2:58 am  by  Wayne1957
48yrsmokin

Oct-11

Way to go Wayne the first in the celebration that we can do.  Who else can say that they have done this like you can. NO SMOKIN FOR A YEAR> OMG> What an accomplishment. Glad to be here with you.                                                                               Ed G. Noper since Oct. 17th 2019                                                           

CONGRATULATIONS WAYNE!!!!

One Full Year and now part of the One Year Clubhouse! 

All the fear, temptations and wicked struggles have all been worth it. The painfully slow course to freedom by NOPING day by day for a solid year paid off big time! No more looking backwards only forwards as a successful quitter. Life truly is better as a quitter and your heart, lungs and body will forever benefit from your decision to end your drug addiction.

Year 2 is the year of living and gaining strength and trying other challenges because you've proven that you can do whatever you put your mind to.  You are definitely no sissy! Nice job!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Ovivi

Oct-12

I know it’s a day early, but congratulations my friend! One year is truly an accomplishment to be celebrated. You did it!

Thanks for your encouragement and cheering for me and all of us over the past year. You made a big difference in many lives.

• Edited October 12, 2020 12:57 pm  by  Ovivi
SusanK1960

Oct-12

My dear Wendy, thank you so much for taking time to say such nice things!  I am so happy to almost have 1 year in the book and you were a big part in keeping me going!  I so appreciate the kinship that developed from our struggle together.  How are you doing?

June2019

Oct-13

is today the big day??? WooHoo!!! ya did it, you winner, you!

Happy 1 Year Smoke Free and here's to many, many more :)

SusanK1960

Oct-13

Hello friend!  You are such a sweetie to come join me in a happy dance on my first anniversary!  Your support and reassurance was instrumental in restoring my faith and your wicked sense of humor was recognized and appreciated!  How is the second year going?

48yrsmokin

Oct-14

Way to go Susan. It's a wonderful feeling to see you in a happy place after a year of turmoil.  You have been such a big help to myself  in this struggle. I don't know how to put the happy dance on the screen' but I'm doing it for you!!!! WOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOO FOR YOU.   

June2019

Oct-15

Second year way easier than the first (so far i should say not to curse it!). Still occasional thoughts, but way fewer and easier to push away.

So happy for you and all your fellow Oct 2019 quitters! Very good group!

**the passing of eddie van halen last week really hit home. he may have had other demons, but smoking is what did the talented cutie in  :(

June2019

SusanK1960

Oct-18

Hi Ed,  you made it!  Now we can do the happy dance together!  Good job you!!

• Edited October 18, 2020 12:26 am  by  SusanK1960