About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 41693 views.
In reply toRe: msg 348
Newthomas

3/4/20

Hey group. Still dealing with sleep issues, but not as often. Still getting migraines, even after seeing doctor. Still feeling down sometimes. Just trying to see it as the new normal. Been using nicotine to avoid dealing with things a long time, now i need to deal with things. This too shall pass. 

SusanK1960

3/4/20

Hi there,

Congratulations on earning your 4th star!  Isn’t it amazing how much you have changed in 121 days?!  A lot of people on the forum say between 120-140 days, they find a peace in their quit.  Here’s hoping you are one of them.  Maybe then you can work on that workaholic thing you got going on.  

Matt1961

3/4/20

Hi Susan,

Right now, the workaholic cessation is out of the question, but the smoking cessation seems to be going along as well as can be expected.  We have a two-week vacation scheduled and booked for the end of April, so I am looking forward to that.  We also break away for a week each month in the summer. and then 2 weeks again in the fall to unwind it all.  Until the April trip, I must keep my nose to the grindstone because work is piled up all around me.

My count shows I am only on day 84, so I have a ways to go to find that peace you mentioned.  I certainly have not found it yet, but I keep trodding along waiting for it.  Actually, it should come while I am on that April vacation, so I am really hoping it works out that way.  If not, then so be it.  

How is your quit going?  My recollection is that you are way ahead of me.  Are you finding the promised peace in your quit?

SusanK1960

3/5/20

Hi Matt,

I am so happy to hear the quit is going well and I understand about the work piling up.  Never enough time in a day to get stuff done!  It is good to hear you have vacations planned.

i must confess that I interwove you and another Matt.  He celebrated his 4th month quit today, however, it is you who has changed two of three items in his life for cardio longevity, which is impressive!  As always, It is great to hear from you and 84 days is awesome!  

At 4.5 months, still having some thoughts of wishing I was smoking, mostly in the evenings, still missing something, and having some fearful thinking, however, focused enough not to act on any junkie thinking. I’m so tired of the voice in my head whispering daily, however, from this forum, I know I have to dig deep for some patience.  Learning patience also comes with smoking cessation as in not reacting to impulses.   I am happy with what I have accomplished so far.

SusanK1960

3/5/20

Hey Matt,

Sending a shout out for earning your 4th star!  I know you are 4 months nicotine free, but you had 10 weeks of NRT before that, so you are about 6.5 months free of the smoking action.  Other member say they have a passing thought of smoking occasionally, but it is easily dismissed.  Are you at that point in your quit yet?

MDunn1088

3/5/20

Hi Susan! Thank you! I haven't even had a passing thought, I don't miss it at all. It's such a blessing to be free. 

• Edited March 5, 2020 12:34 am  by  MDunn1088
SusanK1960

3/6/20

Hey Beachboy,

Congratulations on 33%!  It’s almost spring, it’s a weekend and time will spring ahead! You are doing awesome!

SusanK1960

3/6/20

Hey Robert,

Another milestone to be celebrated is here!  I hope you two will take time to celebrate your achievement! 

patiopro

3/6/20

Thank you Susan, yes it’s been 120 days and getting easier every day. I remember when we had just stopped smoking and it was very hard to not think about smoking and now I rarely think about smoking.

i cant wait to see what the next 120 days brings.

thank you again

Robert

SusanK1960

3/11/20

Yahoo, you have your Forth star!  Congratulations and keep on quitting!