About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 39116 views.
SusanK1960

Jul-6

Hi Robert and Beachboy,
Cheers to you both for not smoking for 8 months! I hope you are enjoying the smoke free life.  Congratulations on your successes!  

You are

patiopro

Jul-6

Lol

Thank you very much Susan, the journey is getting easier every day!! Still hard to believe that 8 months ago I was smoking at least a pack a day usually more!!

I’m thankful that we were able to quit!!

thanks again,
robert

• Edited July 6, 2020 9:29 pm  by  patiopro
SusanK1960

Jul-11

Time to celebrate!  You are winning your battle!

SusanK1960

Aug-1

Congratulations Jewel!  Hope you are doing well.  

SusanK1960

Aug-4

Matt, almost a year ago, you started on NRT and now look where you are.  Today marks 9 months without nicotine, which is fabulous!  I don’t know if you still pop in to this site, so in case you do, letting you know someone you never formally met knows you did good!  

SusanK1960

Aug-6

Hi Robert,

Look at you!  You’ve gone 9 full months of not sucking on a tobacco tube!  Way to believe in you, because that belief brought you to this point!  I applaud your efforts!

SusanK1960

Aug-6

Beachboy, you get to start another month of being smoke free!  You have faced your hardest challenges and succeeded in overcoming the thoughts of just one!

patiopro

Aug-16

Thank you, very much Susan. It’s been a rough ride at times but well worth all the effort. Me and my wife are both still smoke free!!!! I smell smokers now and can’t believe that , I smelled just like them when we smoked. It’s amazing how when you are smoking you cannot smell how strong it is, until you stop.

Thank you,

Robert

patiopro

Aug-16

Sorry Susan but I just seen your message.

yes, we are very happy to be smoke free and are loving the new life style. I love the fact that I’m not letting a stinky cancer stick control me. It use to be fore we go somewhere light up a smoke after dinner or lunch before we drive anywhere  or go anywhere or do anything. We use to say oh wait we need to smoke a cigarette but finally no more....

Thank you for your support 

Thank you

Robert