About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 44265 views.
Loreficent

5/7/20

Yes, so far so good! Glad you got through that after thought. I’m really curious how long that will go on. Only way to find out is stay quit and see, right?

Been enjoying the PDX weather for sure. Finally able to have morning coffee on my deck without driving myself nuts.

Glad you’re doing well! 

cherbearquit

5/13/20

Congrats on 5 months Matt! I’m so sorry I am late, but I haven’t been online as much lately. I hope you did something extra special for yourself to celebrate! I saw your post about the “thought” you had after your meeting. Yep, I still get those thoughts occasionally as well, but they are not intense and I just do something to divert my attention. We are stronger than these “thoughts” that pop up from time to time. I am so happy that my “quit buddy” is still with me! Stay strong and stay healthy!

Quit 12/6/19

Matt1961

5/13/20

Thank you, Cherbear.  I am not online as much anymore either, but I am still in this fight, and will be for the rest of my life.  I am looking forward to congratulating you on your 10 year, 20 year, etc. quit anniversary!!

SusanK1960

5/13/20

Hi Matt,
Congratulations on your 5th star! I hope you are feeling proud of your accomplishment thus far.  I hope this next month, thoughts of smoking will dissipate with each passing day and they won’t take much of your attention to divert.   Take care and protect your health and your quit!

Matt1961

5/14/20

Thank you, Susan.  5 months went by pretty quickly, didn't it?  The quit actually does seem to be getting easier, but I never want to let my guard down.  The stakes are too high.

Every once in awhile now, some event occurs where my first impulse is to have a smoke, but it quickly goes away when I remind myself that smoking is no longer an option.  I then take a deep breath, and go on about my day.  So much time and money wasted, and for what, so I could destroy my health?  One has to question one's sanity.

Thanks for being here for me.  I feel like I owe you and others on here big time.

SusanK1960

5/27/20

Hi Arielle,

I hope you are doing well and you are happy, healthy and hanging in there.  

The weather here has been gorgeous, usually around 75 in the day and around 60 at night.  It has been wonderful to sit out in the evenings, with a slight breeze blowing, to just enjoy the smells, like grass, bbq, flowers, etc. and to enjoy the sound of classic songs playing in the background. It would be better if a group of us were chatting, but that is a luxury for a later time. 

I’m so happy to be on this journey with you and wishing you a restful month.  I hope that the thoughts of smoking have diminished and that you are enjoying a reprieve from the withdrawal.  Take care and if you have time, let us know you are well.

Arielle2019

5/27/20

Hi Susan, it sounds wonderful, enjoying nature deciduous_tree I too find Joy and peace in nature, attached find a picture taken yesterday on my morning walk. And yes, I take walks in the mornings now, new life, new routines.... 

I feel hopeful again, and I am so grateful for what is. My first year at university as a biology student has almost come to end, what an achiement for a 44 year old woman... 

Today I found out that I got the rental apartment I have longed for. It's quiet and even has a garden yet central as I dont have a car. I feel so blessed, I can finally sleep and study, no more screaming neighbours and frequent visits from the police. The new place is like a dream to me. God heard me and answered my prayers. 

Life is looking brighter in all aspects star2

Keep up the good work and thank you for letting me be a part of your Journey heart

Arielle2019

5/27/20

Unfortunately I wasn't able to attach the picture. The error code days that the file was too large... 

SusanK1960

6/6/20

Time to celebrate Cherbear!  You are doing AWESOME!