About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 38346 views.
cherbearquit

Jun-6

Thank you Susan! I almost forgot today was 6 months! Lol! 
Quit 12/6/19

DebraAnne60

Jun-6

Way to go Cherbear - half way to the clubhouse - how are you feeling

Congratulations gifs - Download on Funimada.com

cherbearquit

Jun-6

Thank you! As for how I have been feeling, I had a difficult week. For some reason, I seem to struggle a bit right before I reach certain milestones. But, I stayed strong and focused, because I don’t ever want to go through what I did in the beginning of this quit. I think this may all be stress related as there have been family health related issues, but I am very grateful to be at 6 months! Bring on the next 6!

Quit 12/6/19

Msg 4227.375 deleted
Eve1973

Jun-7

Cher, 

Congrats..... I’ve read the 1st year will be the hardest, because we associated smoking with everything! Grief, joy, boredom, meals etc. Each time we get through a situation WITHOUT relapsing we have achieved a milestone! So you have done fantastic! You have achieved MANY milestones and prevailed, keep it up!

cherbearquit

Jun-7

Thank you Eve. I think the next 6 months will be much more peaceful. I feel great for the most part. I just keep my guard up, because every now and then the nasty addiction rears it’s ugly head. I just kick it aside and keep moving! 
Quit 12/6/19

SusanK1960

Jun-11

Hello my friend,

Sending you a virtual hug for 6 months/half a year of being not smoking! That is HUGE!  You has been such an inspiration to have on this journey. Not only have you had to give up cigarettes, but you chose to change what you eat.  2019 threw you a curve ball and 2020 has certainly been bumpier than a country road, however, you are overcoming!  You are a warrior!  Congratulations!

Matt1961

Jun-11

Thank you so much. Susan!  I was not even aware that I was at 6 months.  I am rather enjoying my life as a non-smoker, and rarely think about smoking anymore, surprisingly.  The kayak self-reward has now been purchased, and travel arrangements have been booked to spend the month of August using them in SE Alaska.  Now I need Covid to cooperate!!

We normally spend a week a month there in the summer.  Covid has prevented that so far in 2020.  The month of August is intended to make up for that.

I have not checked in here in quite some time.  I am glad to see you are still doing well.

SusanK1960

Jun-27

Arielle2019

Jun-27

Thanks dearest Susan, time flies... Hope you are well green_heart