About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

36 hours ...sort of   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/4/19 by Meredith (GettinFree); 11739 views.
In reply toRe: msg 106

*micdrop*

Loreficent

Sep-3

Wowza!!!

Congratulations!! I bet that is a very empowering feeling. Nice work. Been following your journal and find it very validating and inspiring...and hilarious to boot! So...celebration plans are....???

Thanks for sticking around...mostly give yourself a great big pat on the back. Great job.

Thank you so much, Loreficent!! heart_eyes

Eve1973

Sep-3

Congratulations Mer,

Must be so liberating to be in the  CLUB! Great job! Keep goin!

Thank you so much, Eve!

SusanK1960

Sep-4

Congratulations Meredith!  I would guess it feels like a hard earned victory!  What reward are you planning?  Love the key!

My brain being healed from quitting nicotine will be all the reward I need, in two to six more months when it's actually done. Hopefully the other life events didn't cause too much trauma and I'll be truly free by 3/3/21. I will probably throw a [small!] party then, though.

But thank you so much for the well wishes, Susan!

SusanK1960

Sep-6

I hear you!  I was not prepared for the emotional toll of overcoming this addiction, and I’m still not, however, I am holding on to the faith and still in the fight, and I am glad to hear you are too!  Looking back to the beginning of my quit helps me realize that I have overcome a lot that I didn’t think I could, so that restores my strength and resolve that I will be healthy and happy!  Nothing in life is ever linear, no matter how much we want it to be!

You have achieved a tremendous goal that is pretty darn tough to overcome by most standards, so there’s that!

SusanK1960

Sep-6

You did it James!  You have been free of nicotine for 368 days!  Fantabulous!

Did you know wisdom is defined: as the quality of having experience, knowledge and good judgment.  So, just by quitting cigarettes, you are healthier, wealthier and WISE! 

james5040

Sep-6

Thanks Susan! 

It was a tough first 6 months but now I barely even think about cigarettes anymore.