About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

36 hours ...sort of   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/4/19 by Meredith (GettinFree); 11682 views.
In reply toRe: msg 17
Meredith (GettinFree)

9/14/19

ZOMG SERIOUSLY WHAT DO WE DO AFTER WE DO SOMETHING AAAARRRRGH

Brenda (1sept19)

9/15/19

I don't know, Meredith !!  What do non-smokers do ?

alreadysick

9/15/19

I believe they pick their noses a lot more than smokers. I mean something has to be done with the cigarette free fingers, right?

Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/16/19

I can totally relate to some kind of “weird dissonance every. single. hour.” Also my eczema in my scalp has flared back up. It had been nonexistent for years. 

In reply toRe: msg 17
Meredith (GettinFree)

9/16/19

It's kind of sad, but I think I trust never-smokers even less than I used to. Maybe it's because I'm only 13 days into my first quit (but 13 days!) and kind of insecure about that, so I want to hear their ignorance even less than when i was denying the health issues etc., but i sure wouldn't trust my quit to someone who hadn't been there.

In reply toRe: msg 23
Meredith (GettinFree)

9/17/19

Two weeks, woohoo! It's icing on the mud pie of my day waking from a depression dream and getting f-all done /yet/ again, but it's icing nonetheless!

In reply toRe: msg 24
Meredith (GettinFree)

9/18/19

Laying on the couch (because apparently I can't work at night anymore =-/ ) I caught a whiff of myself, of cigarette. Husband and I decided it's the combination of my new nose and not having gotten the car cleaned yet.

Funnier than that, though, is a nico-thought occasioned by a rabbit.

In reply toRe: msg 25
Meredith (GettinFree)

9/18/19

doo-da-doo! My quit app tells me I have now not-smoked one whole carton of cigarettes! 

(Two more packs' worth, and I'll have made up for the money I'd laid out for the herbal smokes I didn't smoke!)

In reply toRe: msg 26
Meredith (GettinFree)

9/18/19

Aaaaand there's the depression.  Lots of "worthless" thoughts yesterday, and today is just plain on the verge of tears. I think it's the combination of the change and the thing I need to say to someone. 

If only I'd spent the last 23 years getting better at all this instead of masking it. Forget* you, nicotine.