About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

36 hours ...sort of   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/4/19 by Meredith (GettinFree); 9470 views.
In reply toRe: msg 75
Meredith (GettinFree)

11/24/19

Twelve weeks this Tuesday and three months the Tuesday after that. Here we go. I think it was Brenda [Edit: it was Michele] who told me to grow my nails out so I can hang on; I decided acrylics were in order (aka, sounded like a nice excuse to have the novel experience). Already had an urge strong enough to make me a little dizzy, driving home from getting my nails done. Heeeere we go. 

Brenda (1sept19)

11/25/19

Oh how pretty, Meredith.  They look fabulous.  What a lovely treat for yourself and they help you to hang on tight !!  I had them done once, but being such a dork, I couldn't do ANYTHING with them.   Couldn't do my bra or zip my pants or button a shirt.  My hubby had to dress me everyday. But I sure thought they were fancy and so pretty.  Way to go, almost to the 3 month mark.  So very proud of you !!

In reply toRe: msg 80
Meredith (GettinFree)

11/26/19

I know it's not formally correct but 12 weeks is a victory and I'm taking it. grin

SusanK1960

11/26/19

Hi Meredith,

12 weeks is a victory!  How wonderful you must feel for reaching this milestone!  YAY for you!

Belinda2019

11/27/19

Whoo hoo!!! Go you Meredith - that’s awesome tada

I can’t wait until I’m there myself blush

NOPE

Seized the Day 17th October 2019

dizzysunflower

Brenda (1sept19)

11/27/19

YAYYYYYYY, Meredith.  Way to go !!  Happy Thanksgiving to you.

In reply toRe: msg 82

OMG HOLY MOLY YOU GUYS, TODAY IS SIX MONTHS!!

I'M HALFWAY THERE!

How did this even happen? F'real, I'm actually a bit stunned and mystified.  

One foot in front of the other foot...

Eve1973

Mar-3

Congrats! Great job.....keep it up, didn’t read your whole blog, but some.....are you still using the herbal cigarettes?

Thank you!

I know, there's a lot...but it helped me, at least! ;)

Nah, I laid off the herbal smokes after finishing Allen Carr's Easyway book. I did have a couple the following week, and then two since then. Last time, in mid October, it just inflamed my nose so bad I couldn't enjoy it. I keep them around as a security blanket because at least it doesn't put me back in the nicotine trap.

Eve1973

Mar-3

Great! Yep reading the book now.....again congratulations only 5 more to go, to be where you are now!