About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Denim   General Chit-Chat

Started Sep-10 by alreadysick; 1660 views.
Denim50

Oct-12

Hey Debbie, 

Thank you. The same can be said for you and far longer. You have helped and continue to help so many here, myself included, and continue to be a such great support to all. Sending love and gratitude back to you.  

Denim50

Oct-12

Hey Brenda, 

It’s not exactly smooth sailing yet but the waters are noticeably calming. Thankfully. You’re doing great and what you do here is appreciated too. Thank you. I’m so sorry I missed your first milestone celebration but I’m looking forward to joining the celebration of your next one. Keep going and keep doing what you’re doing because you’re doing amazing. Big hugs to you too!

Have a great day. 

Denim50

Oct-12

HEY CINDI, 

YAY US! Congratulations to us quit sister but we are triplets, which begs the question,  We need our quit brother to stop by too. Over a year and a half! I remember how happy we were about celebrating one year and here we are heading closer to two. Amazing! I also remember what we went through together. What a ride! It was worth it though and I feel so Blest to be one the March triplets, along with you and Mike. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of quit buddies and friends than our entire March group. I’m so glad we were on that roller coaster together and have been sharing the journey together since. It’s SO GREAT to see you and Brian are back posting again. I hope everyone returns for the second year celebration. As I said in the post, I love you all. Big hugs.   

Rassister

Oct-12

Hi Denim,

I am so sorry to see that your family has been going through so much.  I hope that everyone is doing better and healing.  . I know that it is awful when we are sick and not able to care for others.  It sounds like August and September have been awful for you.  Sending you and your family healing thoughts and blessings. I had to sit hear and use fingers to figure out how long I have been smoke free.  It is hard to believe that we are celebrating our nine month Smoke free anniversary.   I have been busy at work.  Same old same old.   Not worth complaining anymore.  I am happy to be employed I suppose. I am very happy to share with you that my forum name “Rassister” (my sister who just turned 74) stopped smoking in July after smoking for over 50 years.   She used a different method and has many difficult days and months ahead of her.   However, I am very happy for her.  She does not like to talk about it (we are all different) and said she would let me know how she is doing at Christmas!   Charlotte is already 7 months old and a cute baby.   Great personality as well. I don’t get up there as much as I would like to but all 3 kiddos are doing great. My youngest son is having a very difficult time dealing with some personal problems and his health.  Even though he is an adult, it is difficult not being a mom and wishing that I could do something to make things better.  Hoping time will heal and that he will reach out for help when he is able.  I think of Suzie’s son often.  I also think of you and Brian,Cyndi and all the others who kicked the habit in 2018/2019.  It was the toughest thing we ever did but looking back, I am so grateful that we all met and did this together.  To anybody just starting your journey to quit smoking, believe in yourself and just take it one minute, one hour and one day at a time.  It is so worth it! 

Hugs and healing thoughts from me to you and your family 

Rassister

Oct-12

Hi Debbie,

I will always be grateful to you for all that you did to help me kick this habit.  I hope you are doing well and ready for the Fall season.  I love the cooler temps.  I tend to have issues with the shorter days and longer nights.  It felt really good to post today.  I have been gone for a long time.  All the best.  

CindiS319

Oct-13

Mike, MIke....where are you????  You better get your butt back here at least for our 2 year celebration in March!!!  You're like the prodigal brother that just shows up whenever.  You are part of our triplet group so you need to check in with us and let us know you're still here.

I so agree Denim that our March group is what was instrumental in pulling me through.  Whenever I even thought about relapsing, I thought about you guys.  I can't even go back through our forum and read my posts because they will bring back such bad memories.  It was horrible those first few months and I NEVER want to relive that.  But as for the support, I could never have asked for better quit buddies than YOU, Marilyn, Brian, Tom and our neighboring friends and Mods.  Geez, it was incredible.  I remember leaving a FB forum because I essentially was going to get kicked out because I posted some kind of mean stuff because they were all annoying me.  I don't think I ever did that here, but then again, we had a different class of people here.

I (again) am going to try and get on here to post more regularly because I am so grateful to Marge, Debbie, Sue and all the other long timers that supported us in the beginning.  Hugs to you my friend.  

Denim50

Oct-13

Hey Marilyn, 

Thank you! It’s great to hear about your sister quitting. I wish her success with it. So happy to hear the Grandchildren are great. I’m sure Charlotte is adorable. I can’t believe it’s been seven months already. Amazing. I’m sorry to hear about your youngest son. I hope things get straightened out for him and wish him the best with what he’s having to go through. It’s so wonderful to see you back and posting again. I’m so grateful we rode that roller coaster together too. It’s only a few short months until we’re celebrating two years. So happy for us all. I hope all of our group returns for that second celebration. Wouldn’t that be great?! Hope you had a great weekend. Talk again soon. Hugs  

Molly010

Oct-13

Many congratulations Denim!

Thank you for being such a good support system to all of us on the forum.  :)

Denim50

Oct-14

Hey Molly, 

Thank you so much! It’s great hearing from you anytime. Thank you for your sweet message and look at you, celebrating fourteen months. This is so wonderful! We certainly went through a lot but it was worth it. Can’t believe how far we’ve all come. It’s amazing. We all did it though. It’s so great to get beyond it. How are you enjoying the first part of this season? I hope you’re still out having fun and enjoying the outdoors. I’ve still been trying to get the weight off I put on during it all. I’m wanting to return to my previous weight and thankfully I’m getting a lot closer to that goal. Yay! Few more and I’ll be there. lol. Keep in touch as you can and I hope you have a great week. Hugs. 

BlueDahlia29

Oct-15

Denim, your quit story is amazing and super inspiring.  Congratulations on over a year and a half and thank you for the support you've given me throughout this past year. You are amazing!