About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Denim   General Chit-Chat

Started Sep-10 by alreadysick; 1648 views.
Jan2185

Oct-10

Woooohoooooo many, many, many congratulations on your 19 months Denim... wow a great achievement.  It is the most difficult journey ever and made worse with negative things that are going on around you.... my first port of call was always cigarettes as i am sure it has been with a lot of us.  It is so hard when that "crutch" is taken away

You have done amazingly... well done my friend :)

Jan sunflower

4quitness

Oct-10

Oh Denim, I'm so sorry that you and your family have had so many issues. You have done an amazing job of supporting everyone on this forum through all of your own difficulties. I know I couldn't handle anyone else's issues along with my own. I'm just not built that way.

Congrats on your now 19 mths. I am in the last of my icky 3's and having a rough time of it. I'm just concentrating on not smoking each day. Hoping to get through this mess before we go to the mountains on July 24. 

Thank you so much for the sweet note. You are loved and appreciated more than you could ever know. 

God bless!

Michele

Awesome Post! You continue to inspire and inform all quitters! All your great slogans, messages and pictures continue to help so many people thinking of taking the plunge. Congratulations on 19 months . You've proven that you are no sissy! relaxed

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Brenda (1sept19)

Oct-10

Gosh, where to start.  Such an amazing post, Denim, and a big congratulations on 19 months free.  I hope life is settling down for you and all those you love are doing well now.  Thank you again for all you do here, all your help and encouragement that you give.  It is so greatly appreciated. Big hugs being sent to you !!

Image result for congratulations

CindiS319

Oct-11

Great message my quit sister!  Big hugs to you and here we are on to our 20th month!  

Denim50

Oct-12

Hey Jan, 

Thank you! It is difficult and it’s true that it was the first port of call for most of us. However, as you know, it is doable. We can get past it, and as we do, what we find is that the more times we get beyond or through those negative things without smoking it makes us a little bit stronger and that strength adds up, as it starts to dawn on us that we’ve managed to get through them and past them on our own without that “crutch”. That we, on our own, were strong enough and that it wasn’t really needed after all. That, we did it! In turn, that bit of strength boost our confidence in our quits, and more importantly in ourselves and our ability. It becomes easier the more we do that and the further we distance ourselves from it until we’ve found we’ve gained freedom. You are doing this and you’re doing great. Seven months smoke free is awesome! Stay strong and keep going. Again, thanks so much for the congratulations. Hope you’re having a wonderful day. Talk again soon.  

• Edited October 12, 2019 10:30 am  by  Denim50
Denim50

Oct-12

Hey Michele, 

Thank you! I’m so sorry you’re going through that. I remember when we (March Warriors 2018) we’re going through it and how hard it was. I’ve been told by one friend that it’s vague after all this time. Frankly, I try to recall so as not to put myself through that again, geez. As I said, I’m sorry that you’re at that difficult point, but you must focus on the positive. The fact that you’ve come so far, that if you continue to stay strong you will get through this too. That another month will arrive and you can get beyond this. Tell yourself that it’s the nicotine recognizing that you’re moving ahead in life without it and that your body is healing from it. You are winning. Keep doing what you’re doing taking each day individually and stay in the moment, a minute at a time. You can do this! It will pass and it truly does get easier. We’re all here cheering you on. Tell yourself that you’ve stood up and came through everything life has brought your way so far, and you’ve rode out those hurricanes, and you can kick nicotine’s ___ too. You are strong! It doesn’t know who it’s messing with but it’ll find out. And I will happily celebrate your next milestone with you again next month. Keep going and don’t fall for those thoughts it provides. It’s a bully and it lies. You deserve better than that. You came at this quit with such determination and have maintained it. As I said, I have no doubt that you can do this and succeed. We’re all here for you. Sending so many good wishes and positive thoughts your way. Big hug.  

4quitness

Oct-12

Thank you so much! I could never disappoint my family and supporters on this forum after all this time, but mostly I can't disappoint myself. I will make it through this, because this is my first and my only quit . There will be no starting over. I don't have it in me to suffer this much again. 

You are some of the others on this forum are my heroes. I appreciate each and very one of you more than I can say. We are all survivors of a horrible war. All of us have the choice of coming out the other side victorious!

Michele

Killed the beast 7/9/19

Denim50

Oct-12

Hey Debbie, 

Thank you. The same can be said for you and far longer. You have helped and continue to help so many here, myself included, and continue to be a such great support to all. Sending love and gratitude back to you.  

Denim50

Oct-12

Hey Brenda, 

It’s not exactly smooth sailing yet but the waters are noticeably calming. Thankfully. You’re doing great and what you do here is appreciated too. Thank you. I’m so sorry I missed your first milestone celebration but I’m looking forward to joining the celebration of your next one. Keep going and keep doing what you’re doing because you’re doing amazing. Big hugs to you too!

Have a great day.