About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Day 37    General Chit-Chat

Started 10/9/19 by james5040; 528 views.
james5040

10/11/19

Wow Trish. Good job!!! 70 days is quite the milestone. Glad to hear that breathing is getting easier. Its amazing how our bodies respond when we get rid of this poison. Its almost like the most manipulative person in the world has a hold on your life and it takes so much time and effort to realize that you don't need that in your life and you are so much better without it. 

trish2uh

10/11/19

Thanks James now if I could only get my damn brain to not think i'm not breathing I'd be fine...lol Panic attacks in the first month scared the crap out of me and now its just in my damn mind and hard to get rid of I'm working on it baby steps for that too. 

Trish

turtles

10/17/19

I gained 17 lbs and am slowly working on it.  I did learn that smoking increases your metabolism, quitting slows it way down, then it goes back to normal.  Also at my age, toning becomes more difficult.  I’m working on it but any way you look at it it’s better than smoking.

quit 4/1/19