About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tomorrow is the day   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started 11/10/19 by StaceyHare; 1226 views.
StaceyHare

11/11/19

A lot of deep breaths and repeating to myself stay calm. I gave a coworker that I trust my car keys when I got to work because a drive and a smoke is one of my habits. She checked with me at the end of the day to see if I was okay before she gave me back my keys. Good non smoking friends will help.

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

11/11/19

Hi  welcome.  Hows that friend taking your keys   so practical.  Wishing you all the best with your quit.

Vivienne

Quit 24.aug 19

Brenda (1sept19)

11/12/19

Good thinking.  Whatever we can do to get through today and go to sleep smokefree is another day of winning. There is freedom down the road, we all just have to get there. relaxed

SusanK1960

11/12/19

Hi Stacey,

Thinking of you, hoping you are staying with the quit.  This is a hard one, but you have friends who are with you in thought.

Tjs1599

11/13/19

Hi Stacey.....I am on day 13 and understand the husband thing.  I am doing this solo also and he continues to smoke.  The first few days were VERY hard just seeing him outside smoking while I was suffering with withdraw.  Now I kind of appreciate his smoking because when he steps in and I smell what I used to smell like....well I take that as the best support he could give me.  I hope my husband will decide to take his own journey but until than I thank him for the stinky smell.  LOL

StaceyHare

11/13/19

So day 3. Wow only day three feels like it should have been a lot longer. I’m sure it is different for everyone, but when did you start to feel “normal” ie not wanting to scream?

StaceyHare

11/13/19

A lot of deep breathing. When did you start to feel “normal” ie not wanting to scream  

SusanK1960

11/13/19

Hi Stacey,

YAY!! 
The first three days was getting rid of that nicotine!  After that, you will be working on undoing your memory of smoking, which is really where the Journey comes in.

Your normal was as a smoker.  You will now have a new normal.  Take it one day at time.  You will have good days and bad days.  Just know there are several of us in this with you.

MarkOU812

11/13/19

Yeah while your going thru it it seems like forever. However, I just hit a month and think, wow already. Minutes to hours to days to weeks..... you'll get there. Keep the faith

Belinda2019

11/13/19

I’m still having moments, 4 weeks in. The receptors are shutting down, and they will kick you as they go....

Hang in there, truly the very worst is behind you, in the constancy of it all. Try and tell yourself ‘for today I will not smoke’ and remember how awful it was when you did. Deep breaths and NOPE - we’re all on your side xx