About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tomorrow is the day   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Nov-10 by StaceyHare; 1043 views.
SusanK1960

Nov-10

Hi Stacey,

Welcome!  I am happy to hear you will be joining the journey to being a not smoker!  One day at a time is how I roll.  I have rolled 28 days.

Read everything about the addiction, breathe, and keep this forum handy for support, info and new friends who are not smoking.

You can do this!

Susan

StaceyHare

Nov-10

Thank you. Wow 28 days. Congratulations.

Haajas75

Nov-10

My first on this site as well 14 days today....longest I've ever quit in 27years...and final time....good luck and can say reading all this post helped me considerably...husband not supportive I don't understand but that's because my wife wasn't either I quit cold turkey doing great day 8 she brings me home a juul I say no thanks......but I think that's a different thread :-)

Good luck we got this!!!!

MarkOU812

Nov-10

Good for you Stacey, you got this. 

MarkOU812

Nov-10

Welcome Haajas

Congrats  on 2 weeks. 

SusanK1960

Nov-10

Thanks.  You will be there soon, one day at a time....

SusanK1960

Nov-10

Hi Haajas,

Welcome to you as well!  How wonderful you are on day 14! 

Keep going and you have friends here to support you.  We are all on the same journey at different times, so plenty of understanding, sympathy, advice, support is here.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Susan

Shararoe

Nov-11

Hi Scacey

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your quit. I didn't tell anyone at all that I am quitting i am on my 29th day of my quit and doing ok hang in there and do what ever u have 2 do 2 protect your quit. It is going 2 b so worth it 2 be nicotine free.

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-11

Welcome Stacey, How are you doing today ?

Denim50

Nov-11

Hey Stacey, 

Welcome to the forum. As you can tell from the responses, we’re happy to have you joining us here. Please also join in the ‘November Ex-Smokers 2019’ thread at the top of the menu or click this quick link. 

http://forums.delphiforums.com/quit_smoking/messages/4226/7

It provides a home base for all November quitters. It’s important for us all to have these home threads because they provide quit buddies at the same stage of smoking cessation as ourselves, who are going through the same things and at the same points we are. That is such a huge help as we (quit buddies) move forward together. Of course, post and join in anywhere on the forum, we all do but we also have that wonderful home base too. Ex. mine is the ‘March Warriors 2018’ thread. We all have them. You’ll also find wonderful information in the thread about quitting and navigating the forum. Two other November quit buddies (RochieRo and Newthomas) are already there. 

Congratulations on your decision to quit. I’m so glad you made this choice. It isn’t easy but it’s SO worth it and you can do it. We’re all here for you and cheering you on. You’ll find wonderful support, encouragement, and information here. So please, stay close to the forum. Keep reading, posting, and joining in.

I wish you the best with your quit and look forward to seeing you around the forum.  

• Edited November 11, 2019 1:55 pm  by  Denim50