About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

June 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 17276 views.
Loreficent

Aug-29

Wow!

Id skip that and go with what you know, like ice cream. Synergy here is $3.29, sometimes on sale for $2.99 and Kevita is same. Must be a supply/ demand thing with all these crunchy people here, LOL!!!

TinyBadger

Aug-29

Well the crunchy store is really small, and it's not like it's packed full of people. I bet it is about supply and demand. Man, it's rough eating healthy. The bakery there makes fig and honey bars (kind of like fig newtons) and they are delicious. I picked up some potato rolls, too. The local bakery supplies the crunchy store and they have some pretty tasty vittles. I do love me some baked goods. It's funny that a tub of organic gelato is cheaper than kombucha.

Loreficent

Aug-29

WoooHooo!! Congratulations! That is wonderful. Feels better right?

it will get better all the time. Sorry didn’t reply sooner, had about one minute to let Tiny know to get ice cream instead of the expensive Kombucha and that was all the time I had! Hope you celebrated good today...something with real butter! Hahaha!

xvaper

Aug-30

Yea, I had some icecream too! to celebrate. I sinned. But it's once in a blue.  Thank you!

TinyBadger

Aug-30

Was it the vegan kind? I've heard the almond ice cream isn't that bad...or.did you go for the gusto? I'm on day 81 and on 90 I'm going to have a home made cupcake. 

xvaper

Aug-30

Im sorry to say it was not. They did not. have a vegan one where we went. I sinned. But some of the vegan ice-creams are pretty good, but I don't like almond or soy milk, I like oat.

TinyBadger

Aug-30

I've never had oat milk. Never even heard of it. Most of the options here are similar to rice dream or silk. I imagine it must be hard to have issues with lactose or be vegan in more rural communities. We grow a lot of meat round these parts.

xvaper

Aug-31

How rural are we talking here?  :)

It is a shame you don't have more choices over there. I order my oat milk from Califia Farms directly, it is cheaper for me to buy a pack instead of at the grocery each time. If you ever want to try it, only Califia Farms and Oatly are the good ones...

TinyBadger

Aug-31

Well, everyone was sad when Kmart went away rural. On the bright side a Walmart popped up nearby so that's good. I've only been in there a few times as I typically shop local and have feelings about the company as a whole. I'm seriously going to try this oat milk thing. Is there oat milk ice cream? That sounds nice, as I do love oats. Not the instant fruit garbage, the good stuff. Steel cut. I've been experimenting in granola making. My husband is very active and breakfasts don't fill him but he's taken up yogurt and granola. It sounds silly but I've always had a sensitive stomach and when I would stay in Bozeman with my sister over the summers she would worry about it. She got me started on brown cow yogurt (whole milk) which is definitely not good for the waistline. I only have one a month at most, just when my stomach hurts. I'm sure at this point it's all in my head, but I always keep one in the fridge in case of emergency. Honestly, the ties it has to my sister probably make it "work". But I'm willing to accept that and buy a yogurt a month because I don't eat much for ice cream and it's a nice treat. I can't figure out what I did to hurt my back but it's killing me. I've been icing and sitting with pillows under my legs like the internet says to do. I keep forgetting I don't smoke today, I'll finish something and think, ok I'll go have a moke. Or at lunch I almost went to the convenience store, not because I had the urge but because I thought it was time to smoke. So weird. How's your quit going? You still holding strong?

xvaper

Sep-1

Hi Tiny,

Yesterday was difficult. I had really. bad cravings but I did not smoke. I was disappointed with something that happened and that is what triggered it. Then I watched one of Chris Skoyles' "emergency videos"  on youtube. At first I was still craving and thinking about going to get some while he was talking. but after a little while of watching it subsided and I went to bed early.

Oatley makes very good icecream. I don't think the yogurt is doing anything for you to be honest..Have you seen a Gastrologist?

Back ache can often be connected to stress. Have. you tried light exercise? Gentle movements and stretching?

Stay strong!